hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I thought I remember you posting back in the day when I first joined in 2016 but your handle says you’ve only been a member since 2019. Am I tripping or did you have an account back then?

Btw, what does your shirt say?
Haha nah I just joined in 2019. I went at it lone wolf for years before that. ?

Shirt says “Liber8ed!” With a picture of a veal calf breaking through bars that they rescued at Iowa Farm Sanctuary. ?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Haha nah I just joined in 2019. I went at it lone wolf for years before that. ?

Shirt says “Liber8ed!” With a picture of a veal calf breaking through bars that they rescued at Iowa Farm Sanctuary. ?
Well awesome man, you fit in great here. I love the humor and insight that you add! Cheers!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Haha even 20% higher, their blends are still a great price for the quality. On par with eso, gawith, or anyone else for less cash.
Totally agree with this. HU is definitely one of my favorite houses! Have any of you tried their anniversary blend? It’s topped with balsamic vinegar... truly delicious in my opinion. That is one more I really need to stock up on. Once I get about 10 more tins of that one, I’ll be done for good, except for trying out some new tins here and there.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Late 1970s Butz-Choquin à Metz Origine / St. Claude France 2 + Peterson's HYDE PARK:-

View attachment 37958

An earlier example with a similar extension arrangement - EB WB (Edward & William Barling) stamps with marks for London 1905 / Davies & Co. London Made Liverpool St. E.C. in the case:-
View attachment 37959
I notice the clay pipes in the background - do you ever smoke them?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Totally agree with this. HU is definitely one of my favorite houses! Have any of you tried their anniversary blend? It’s topped with balsamic vinegar... truly delicious in my opinion. That is one more I really need to stock up on. Once I get about 10 more tins of that one, I’ll be done for good, except for trying out some new tins here and there.
Just got a tin of that in my last order. Excited to try it, but popped the Makhuwa first.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I couldn't agree more. It's the most bang for the buck I've found. Sure, there's good stuff out there for 2 bucks/ounce, but HU is worth every extra penny, IMO, and it's still cheaper than most stuff like GLP.
Yup. If someone put a gun to my head and said “PICK ONE BLENDER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF S**T!!!!”

I would instantly say HU. But you can take a knee cap if I can add McClelland VAs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
How do you like the VA/CAV? I have an unopened tin kicking about...
It’s a pretty basic smoke. Nothing mind blowing. Not overly sweet. For sure has a distinct Germain’s flavor to it. Maybe the thin ribbon shag cut has something to do with it. I also like the Royal Latakia (purple tin). Same base with Latakia. Again has that Germain essence to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.