PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
What are walking reps? I go out for a 5 mile brisk walk before breakfast. Is that the same? Just curious since I have never heard that term before.
It's just a term I use to describe my walking exercises. I walk fairly quickly up and down a steep hill (about 40-45 degree angle and a city block's worth of feet each time) however many times my back lets me. I repeat this several times a day.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Home and Hearth Midtown blend Chestnut, match to the discontinued Walnut, in a Jerry Perry carved bent Mountain Laurel ball shape with etchings. I'm smoking this to decide if I'll trade it in, but it is Mountain Laurel, which is somewhat rare, and is suddenly smoking better than ever, so maybe no trade-in. He's my go-to carver, the only source known to me of Mountain Laurel pipes, so this is likely a keeper. I have his pipes going back to 2002. This pipe is 2011.

Interesting about the mountain laurel. How do you find it compares to standard briar?

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I'm trying out some Mac Baren in a MM cob, and I'm getting absolutely torched lol. When I still had tastebuds, I was enjoying some nice sweet flavors with a bit of smokiness from the latakia, along with a bit of spice from time to time.
Which blend? Mac B and I fight all the time! But I've really been enjoying the HH blends. I just make sure they're fairly dry.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Wow, I am an idiot lol. I meant to type "Mac Baren Plumcake" lol. I swear I don't just have jars sitting around with generic company names on them.

You put labels on your jars? I play mystery tobacco! I haven't tried Plumcake but have tin that has Syrian lat in it. I struggle with their regular blends. I like to puff and really don't do well with their standard blends. I do "ok" with Navy Flake. I dry it out and keep it chunky but it can still bite. I have some Three Nuns green in a jar. Smoked half the tin but had to stop. I'll pull it out again at some point and make sure it's pretty dry. Learned that from @BROBS

srgjazz

Lurker
Jun 5, 2020
White Knight in the Carolina Gent. I did smoke the original BS in the 70’s. Although not quite the same (the original was a little spicier) this blend is quite good and very reminiscent. Very oriental forward with the Latakia in a supporting role. C129767B-5DA6-4E9C-A6E2-C272D57482A8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.