PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Good morning. After more than a week with the damn covid. I start with the first pipe. A bowl of dt Veermaster Hamborger, in a Charles Towne Cobbler MM. I blamed my cold, on a couple of very cold beers. It seems that it was really the covid that shook me up again. I'm still sore, but what the heck, today is a rest day, and I missed a little tobacco. Here in Spain we finally got some snow and some torrential rains. I missed you guys. Hope you are well. I wish you a happy saturday. And God bless you.View attachment 280998
God bless you too friend, glad to hear you're getting better.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2020 Newminster No. 400 SNF in an Altinay

53342925551_a8dbae6b56_k.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Getting ready to watch the first PPV UFC of 2024. Going to have Cornell & Diehl Small Batch Folklore (2022, 805/1000) in an unbranded, unmarked, Magnum-sized Swan Neck LC (Large Curve) with a horn stem with an orific bit; this pipe is most likely French in origin, and may be from the late 19th or early 20th Century—it is curve drilled, has a bone tenon, and a cork mortise.

20240120_174655.jpg

This gargantuan pipe should get me through 2/3 of this six hour event; no refilling the chamber means I’m less likely to miss a knockout. Here it is next to a Savinelli Series III 320 KS for scale:

20240120_175706.jpg

@Humblepipe Hope you're able to watch it in real time this week!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I co-created the blend.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Then I smoked a bowl of Sutliff States of Virginia Limited Edition ’23 in a straight black sandblasted WW2 Barling’s Make SS billiard with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Barling_SS.jpg

Currently, I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Giving tomorrow's litter picking a miss due to the weather warnings with Storm Isha; going to make another loaf of bread tomorrow to go with the soup I got from Tesco with a cashback offer. Should be good!
Renewed my Railcard with my Tesco vouchers so only had to pay GBP2 towards it; got another GBP3.50 in vouchers so going to get double their value either for next year's Railcard or pub meal discount.
Not shopping at Tesco any more as the Clubcard scheme encourages you to spend more rather than saving money. I don't enjoy shopping in supermarkets and I especially dislike Tesco stores due to their design / layout. I should get GBP18+ cashback for the soup & protein puddings I bought to get my Clubcard vouchers & the homemade bread will be very good with the delicious soups!
Not buying pipeweed except for clay pipe era events this year or the Vikings where Jason the blacksmith will be lighting the clays from his forge. The Viking re-enactment at Cromford Mill is the same weekend in August as Matlock Bath Pirate Mutiny so I can got to both on the same day as they're next door to each other. Going to get dressed up in my tunic & take both my Viking hat & my pirate waistcoat / tricorn hat & bandanas so I can dress the part at both events!

Status
Not open for further replies.