PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I recently received a roughly two pound log of Ecuadorian Mapacho (Nicotiana Rustica), which can have up to nine times the amount of nicotine than common tobacco, so I’ll proceed with a relatively small amount to start; when I smoked three consecutive bowls of Sutliff Pipe Force V (which contains Rustica) during a Zoom call with a friend awhile back, I felt the nic hit big time at the end of three hours. I’m going to have the Ecuadorian Mapacho in a Peruvian ceremonial pipe typically used for smoking Mapacho or Ayahuasca, made from Chonta (Bactris Gasipaes—also known as Peach Palm, a hard Amazonian wood often used to make weapons), decorated with cross sections of Ayahuasca vines.

20240123_001639.jpg

20240123_001713.jpg

@tfdickson
I’m curious to hear what you think of this stuff, as I know you also got a log of Mapacho.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Looks great on you man! Hope you enjoy many pleasant smokes in the new pipe.

Thanks! I wasn't expecting to buy a new pipe, so soon but when I saw it, I couldn't let it sit there for someone else to purchase. I had to buy it, and so far so good. Once I get some cake built back up in this pipe, it's going to be an excellent smoking pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to Gunsmoke starring William Conrad from my radio collection.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Edwin’s Burley in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe. Finished work for the day.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Gawith Cannon Plug In a clay.

This stuff is a ghost machine, one of the charms of Lakelands.
@renfield A good baccy choice for a clay; it's rumoured to date back to the English Civil War in the 1640s! I'll have to get some for when I go to see the Sealed Knot again; I'm taking my pewter tankard, longest clay pipe and some SG 1792 Flake when I go to the Battle of Nantwich next weekend:
No broken clays this time:)

Status
Not open for further replies.