PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
First break-in 1/2 bowl of Lane 1-Q in my new Peterson sandblasted Pub pipe with 9mm filter, 22.20mmx51.50mm chamber. This Pub Pipe is much larger and heavier than my other pipes. If I were to go to a Pub (that allowed smoking!) with it, I would probably bring a small stand with me until I get used to the weight and girth.

I also noticed the draw was a bit tight. I pulled the stem and noticed the 9mm filter was 3/4th of the way out of the stem. I put it all the way in and about 1/4 protruded and that produced a full wide open draw. Too much. I adjusted it to 1/2 in the stem and found a draw similar to my other pipes. So that was a pleasant discovery -- that I can adjust the draw as needed. It was a dry smoke all the way to the end when it went out naturally.

The new Peterson bowl coating had no flavor and the ash is already starting to cling to the walls halfway down and to the bottom ... also a plus. This is a high quality pipe (for me) and I will enjoy it. It will take a few smokes to get used to its sheer size though. Lane 1-Q is always sweet and pleasant. Final note: the finish is sandblasted on the left side like a Savinelli rusticated, and Ring blast on the right side, front and bottom so its like a jekyll and hyde in a sense ... the best of both finishes.

1705964910095.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.