PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. After many years of hoping to find the Dragnet TV episode (The Big Sorrow) where his partner Ben Romero (played by Barton Yarborough) died, I discovered it on YouTube. Jack Webb cries when his boss gives him the news, which is one of the very few times the Joe Friday character showed a human trait. The video is very washed out, but it's better than not seeing it. I own the radio version of the story which can be found there as well for those who are interested.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Original_Terracotta.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Didn't sleep much, so I'm up and am a third of the way through this bowl of AceFour’s VaBur in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley NEBPC apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just have a little left of this blend.
Hadley_NEBPC_apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Have lots to do today. See you folks sometime later on.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.