PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
On my way to a debate tournament with my team. Smoking some very old Peacehaven in my Tinsky Dog. Aged and dried, I can still taste that apricot topping. Ok, but not a favorite. I’ve heard that their blends are so terrible that they’re going out of business. puffy
View attachment 194314
Good luck! Between you and @ashdigger we have two different kinds of forensics experts on here!

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Here that’s target practice! In my neighborhood they live in the storm sewers and if seen in the daytime are stumbling about in a not so good way - I’ve had to modify my feeders to keep them out and the healthy night dwellers are welcome to feast on whatever they find elsewhere. Years ago my wife’s wonderful but too early departed mother had issues with raccoons being attracted to remains of grease, etc. the f-in-law was too lazy to clean up around their grill. She put out a healthy portion of hot red pepper flakes and awoke to sight and sounds of a mama and little ones screaming their little heads off! Of course, she felt guilty and never did it again, but this pic reminds me of her and that fun story!
In my area we have a large black bear population. My old guitar player used to feed birds and squirrels on his porch and woke up one night to a bear right outside his front door. Another friend of mine was lazy about cleaning up his grill and utensils on his patio and woke up one morning to find the whole grill gone. He later discovered it down the hill next to his house where the bear took it. Every Halloween here people learn how much bears like pumpkin when they put jack-o-lanterns out on their front porch.

What are you debating? How often does your team do this? Do you travel far?
The PF topic is..
Resolved: The United States Federal Government should increase its diplomatic efforts to peacefully resolve internal armed conflicts in West Asia.

It
changes every two months, according to NSDA votes and Congressional suggestions. I prefer speeches, but debate is ok.
We will do a tourn ever two weeks durring season. These ranges from Michigan to DC to Chicago. Lots of flights and rental cars. I will not go further West.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have just under a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink. Got some nice samples of the current Cob Plug, SJP, and FVP to compare with older versions. If there's any differences, I'll update at TR. Also got a sample of South African Latakia to review from Wesley's. This will be interesting.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
On my way to a debate tournament with my team. Smoking some very old Peacehaven in my Tinsky Dog. Aged and dried, I can still taste that apricot topping. Ok, but not a favorite. I’ve heard that their blends are so terrible that they’re going out of business. puffy
View attachment 194314
Beautiful pipe. Good luck in your debate tournament. Pipe smoking is an instant 5 point bonus cause it makes you look more smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.