PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a straight smooth ebony post-WW2 LHS Sterncrest 91 bulldog with a sterling silver band, a rectangular shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe.
LHS_Sterncrest 91_bulldog.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
OK, I'm back. Solani 779 in a tom eltang bamboo poker.
COVID-19 deprived my sense of smell and taste and caused mild myocarditis, fortunately, there were no symptoms of pneumonia. After 12 days of olfactory exercise (coffee beans, tobacco, spices, lemons) and zinc gluconate supplementation, my taste and smell have recovered to a certain extent.
At present, I am more sensitive to English blends. The richly deep smokey campfire flavor of Latakia in Balkan Supreme or Artisan‘s blend can be tasted, while the mildly tart and tangy citrusy, sugary, are difficult to taste in Virginias like No400 navy flake or OGS.
Sadly, I can easily get complete licorice flavor in the mixture 79 , damn it. :(
L1007181.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
OK, I'm back. Solani 779 in a tom eltang bamboo poker.
COVID-19 deprived my sense of smell and taste and caused mild myocarditis, fortunately, there were no symptoms of pneumonia. After 12 days of olfactory exercise (coffee beans, tobacco, spices, lemons) and zinc gluconate supplementation, my taste and smell have recovered to a certain extent.
At present, I am more sensitive to English blends. The richly deep smokey campfire flavor of Latakia in Balkan Supreme or Artisan‘s blend can be tasted, while the mildly tart and tangy citrusy, sugary, are difficult to taste in Virginias like No400 navy flake or OGS.
Sadly, I can easily get complete licorice flavor in the mixture 79 , damn it. :(
View attachment 192326
Glad to see some progress. Hope you keep on getting better, man.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Myself and J.R.R.T. share a birthday, so I got tickets to the game against Dallas last night and my KINGS pulled out the win! Came home and finished my day with some Sir John's Flake Virginian in a Peterson military mount.

View attachment 192221
Much better when they take the lead in the 3rd, rather than giving up the game-winning shorthanded goal like they did Saturday. Their head coach must need some high strength blood pressure medication, I tell ya... :ROFLMAO:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.