PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I was fortunate enough to win a few estate lot eBay auctions recently and got some really nice pipes for less than $10 each. Almost all were ready to smoke after light cleaning and sanitizing. I'll be rotating through those pipes over the next few weeks.

To start things off I'm smoking some Granger in this old Bruce Peters bulldog.

DE45F5CD-255C-4D2B-AB18-07F72F3FA63C.jpeg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
The "Full Pete" did arrive today, and yes I'm going to give it a go! My first Peterson, and I'm callign if 'Full Pete' as is a System Spigot with that house rustication and P-Lip. Chose the 315XL calabash size because why fool around when you have a System pipe? Choosing what to have as a first bowl was a few minutes of contemplation, maybe one of the various Peterson blends down in the cellar? ..and then *of course why not* Peretti Prince of Wales which also showed up today, and is particularly characterized by including some "Irish tobacco" in the blend (whatever that may be). I am maybe hoping to find this pipe as a 'hot flake' pipe to preserve my tongue, but no need to be dogmatic. This pipe is going to 'get around' as I work it through a variety of experiences.
Here. We. Go!
View attachment 198588
I have that same pipe and its a glorious journey to smoke.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
The rain stopped for a short while, so I got in one set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a 1970's straight rusticated black Savinelli Estella 915 KS dublin with a flared top and pearl brown acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 198748
Now smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 198749
Mr. Jim with the back to back bowls AND posts. You’re a pipe community treasure, Jiminks.

Status
Not open for further replies.