PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have G.L. Pease Spark Plug in one of my earliest Eugène-Léon Ropp pipes, a Cherrywood with a Natural Horn Stem. It’s stamped “Bussang,” so, it’s very likely it was made at Ropp’s original workshop there between 1870–1893. I usually have cherry or berry aromatics in my pipes made of cherry, but, I have at least two cherry Ropps and a briar Oguz Simsek dedicated to those kinds of blends—I decided this one would be for English blends. There are only so many pipes one can dedicate to cherry/berry aromatics. This pipe is truly gargantuan, and easily the biggest pipe in my collection (see a smaller Ropp that’s pretty large by most standards that I’ve posted before, a 12 oz Coca-Cola can, and a Savinelli 320 KS to get an idea of the relative scale). This pipe is probably considered big, even by @Chasing Embers standards—this is a table sitter and way too heavy to clench for me.

IMG_20230121_023953.jpg

IMG_20230121_024222__01.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
TGIF! I’ve been fighting an upper respiratory infection the past couple of weeks, so there’s been no smoking going on. I’m feeling much better now, and believe I’ll get a puff in before the wife gets home to disapprove. Rum Flake in a MM William, paired a dram of Sagamore Rye Sherry Cask, to scratch that itch. Have a great evening, all.

Cheers!

View attachment 196018
Glad you're back!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Finished all the line work on this Betty and Veronica story, and am filling in black areas with a brush. I'll start page touch ups Sunday.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have G.L. Pease Spark Plug in one of my earliest Eugène-Léon Ropp pipes, a Cherrywood with a Natural Horn Stem. It’s stamped “Bussang,” so, it’s very likely it was made at Ropp’s original workshop there between 1870–1893. I usually have cherry or berry aromatics in my pipes made of cherry, but, I have at least two cherry Ropps and a briar Oguz Simsek dedicated to those kinds of blends—I decided this one would be for English blends. There are only so many pipes one can dedicate to cherry/berry aromatics. This pipe is truly gargantuan, and easily the biggest pipe in my collection (see a smaller Ropp that’s pretty large by most standards that I’ve posted before, a 12 oz Coca-Cola can, and a Savinelli 320 KS to get an idea of the relative scale). This pipe is probably considered big, even by @Chasing Embers standards—this is a table sitter and way too heavy to clench for me.

View attachment 196172

View attachment 196173

Just a follow up note: this 26" long pipe (with 3" deep chamber) provided just a few minutes over three hours smoking time. I was able to place it to the side of my leg on my chair and comfortably sip from it—I think this may be a good movie pipe.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan

View attachment 196172

View attachment 196173
Can such a large pipe consume 2 oz of tobacco at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.