PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Do you like Sutliff J4 Burley? Never had Amphora Burley before. But really like the J4. I’ve been on a Burly kick this week. Maybe I need to order some Amphora?😏
Funny you ask, as I had some in my cart ready to buy, then decided to look more into it. I'm glad I did, cause TR.COM lists it as a vanilla topping, and SPCOM doesn't. And aromatics don't sit well with me. Unfortunately the more pure the better.

And Amphora is now made by Macbaren, and Amphora Burley looks and smells a lot like Macbaren Burley flake, which I like, but they are very different. Amphora is more..better. 😂 Same ingredients, but obviously different measurements.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Tonight I’m having some cowboy coffee again with another Nutten’s pipe of mine. I’m also having a heavy pour of bourbon to prepare for the weekend I’m about to have. This week my wife’s wheel bearing went out on her explorer and on my truck the catalytic converter went out lol. So, $2,000 later and hours this weekend of me under cars should be fun! I can’t complain to much seeing I have all the tools and knowledge but still 😳image.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Funny you ask, as I had some in my cart ready to buy, then decided to look more into it. I'm glad I did, cause TR.COM lists it as a vanilla topping, and SPCOM doesn't. And aromatics don't sit well with me. Unfortunately the more pure the better.

And Amphora is now made by Macbaren, and Amphora Burley looks and smells a lot like Macbaren Burley flake, which I like, but they are very different. Amphora is more..better. 😂 Same ingredients, but obviously different measurements.
Great insight. I was getting ready to order some J4 from SP. I’m going to grab some Amphora as well. I like MB BF too.
I knew J4 was cased and lightly topped with something. I really like it. Next time I smoke some I’ll have to really pay attention and see if I detect the Vanilla.
Happy smokes!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Great insight. I was getting ready to order some J4 from SP. I’m going to grab some Amphora as well. I like MB BF too.
I knew J4 was cased and lightly topped with something. I really like it. Next time I smoke some I’ll have to really pay attention and see if I detect the Vanilla.
Happy smokes!
Yes now that you know, let ME know if you can detect it. I had 4 different Burley bulks I was going to try, but on TRCOM they all came up as aromatics. 😫

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Tonight I’m having some cowboy coffee again with another Nutten’s pipe of mine. I’m also having a heavy pour of bourbon to prepare for the weekend I’m about to have. This week my wife’s wheel bearing went out on her explorer and on my truck the catalytic converter went out lol. So, $2,000 later and hours this weekend of me under cars should be fun! I can’t complain to much seeing I have all the tools and knowledge but still 😳
That's great that you have both the tools and the knowledge. All I have are some tools, YouTube and gumption. There's a front crankshaft oil seal replacement and leaky trans cooler in my future.

That's also a great looking pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.