PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My $30 Benchmade Jumbo Marxman came today and I’m as tickled with it as a kid under the Christmas tree after Santa Claus arrived the night before.

This is a gorgeous, huge, beautiful billiard that I doubt was smoked five times. It cleaned up to brand new.

Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish tastes like smoking cherry cotton candy.

Life is good, very good.

4CC0910F-FB17-46CC-A21D-7BD26CBDA3C1.jpeg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
First go with the pressed “we three kings“, cube cut and loaded into the Santa Sav.
View attachment 195345View attachment 195347
It looks a little darker in color than a freshly opened tin. How exactly did you prepare it? Was there any casing added before it went in the press?
how long was it in the press?
Looks delicious! I have four of these in my cellar. Might be a fun project?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Bayou Night, a burley blend just this side of overbearing that I greatly enjoy, in a Savinelli Opera 673 KS slightly bent bulldog in a dark mahogany stain with thin two-tone bands. C&D also makes the same blend in different proportions for an entirely different experience, in the medium-mild range, called Mountain Camp, which I also like. These illustrate the difference proportions make in blends.

Yesterday I bought a 4' step ladder for indoors, like changing light bulbs, in a light blue, made of fiberglass, so as not to be conductive, and therefore suitable for electrical work, if changing bulbs qualifies. It has really good footing, both in its wide stance, and in its wide rungs, so I can hang onto the top of the ladder while I work with the other hand. A good cautious ladder for a guy who ain't no spring chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.