PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Another day of 80+F temp and 80+% humidity after a week of rain.

Received a few bags of samples.
Having the 1st bowl - Samuel Gawith St. James Flake. I'm on a VaPer discovery journey of late.

Smoking a couple of Bulldogs - both hallmarked 1922.
The 1st - a Half-bent tapered stem GBD Xtra with imported London silver hallmark.
This pipe was written up in a 17th Sept 2014 Forums thread under the heading "GBD Xtra Bent Bulldog" by member Jason (@klause)

Alcohol-free day after a mid-week dinner with a fair bit of wine

image.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
2nd bowl of the afternoon - SG Ennerdsle Flake.
The (in)famous rose geranium scent immediately assaults the nostrils as soon as the pouch is breached. My very 1st experience of that Lakeland essence.

In another 1922 (both pipes celebrating their centenary this year, along with my father). A squat straight tapered stem Bulldog with London hallmarks.

I wonder at the relative scarcity of old Civic pipes in contrast to other Britwoods like BBB, GBD, Orlik, Loewe, Barling etc. Were they more of a "working man's" pipe to be smoked to death and discarded rather than one to be cosseted like the other brands ?

image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Surbrug White Label in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this blend.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.