PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Back to work tomorrow, so taking the time for the 2 last smokes of my Xmas/NY vacation.
I've decided to pick my 2 of favourite recent arrivals (it could easily have been a few others)

A 1st bowl of Sillems Black

In a S Bang Tulip - deeply grooved and blasted, with a saddle stem - from their Copenhagen era.

And with it my most surprising newly opened bottle of the year - Equipo Navazos La Bota 29 Brandy de Jerez.
I should not have been taken by surprise at its quality as the sherries of Equipo Navazos are hors classe. And I had been told by Jesus Barquin (one of the founders of Navazos) how good he thought this brandy was.

image.jpgimage.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Onto my 2nd bowl of the day - Esoterica Stonehaven

In a 1911 Birmingham hallmarked Albert Baker & Co.Bulldog with tapered, orific bit Amber stem.

And finishing off that very tasty Navazos Brandy de Jerez.
Only 3 botas(butts) were selected for finishing in fino (sherry) casks, and released individually, with 1-2 years between releases. I'll be on the lookout for a couple more bottles.

image.jpgimage.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Did the dishes, fed two ferals who are cold and hungry, and let Daisy in the house because she was so pitiful for attention and a warm place to nap... at my feet. Molly's not thrilled about it, and Suzy couldn't care less.
Dunhill_1938_right.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.