PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
After a sweaty afternoon cutting grass out at the countryside place without pipe, baccy and beer as the wife rushed me out the house to go. I'm now back home satisfying my cravings with some pressed Virginia/Burley in my rarely used bog standard Peterson and a lovely cold beer!!

WP-20210129-007.jpg

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
'13 Boswell's Northwoods into my new Peterson 80s Irish Harp. Trying to begin to recover from some 14-16 hr nights at my off farm job.
Rest is good, blend is nice and quiet and is lending a little bit of a coffee flavor which may just be my mind wishing I had a pint of Guinness... cheap American Pilsner is my drink.

Cheers!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I bought my first pipe from John Dengler of Saint Charles, Mo. From the beginning, he helped me design my own blend of tobacco that I have now been smoking for nearly 40 years. Not many can say that. It took us a year to get it right, buy I became so accustomed to it that I rarely smoked anything else. Now, I am working on four of his English Blends.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I bought my first pipe from John Dengler of Saint Charles, Mo. From the beginning, he helped me design my own blend of tobacco that I have now been smoking for nearly 40 years. Not many can say that. It took us a year to get it right, buy I became so accustomed to it that I rarely smoked anything else. Now, I am working on four of his English Blends.
I think that's excellent!
Now I am wondering what your magic blend is comprised of.

telescopes

It use
I think that's excellent!
Now I am wondering what your magic blend is comprised of.
It use to have all sorts of crazy stuff in it - Deer Tongue in particular. But we refined it to 4 parts Packet and 1 part Lucky Star. Those two in house blends were much easier to make. His shop is still in business since 1917 and they offer most of his blends from the last 100 years and have over 1000 personal blends still kept in a little black book.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
It use

It use to have all sorts of crazy stuff in it - Deer Tongue in particular. But we refined it to 4 parts Packet and 1 part Lucky Star. Those two in house blends were much easier to make. His shop is still in business since 1917 and they offer most of his blends from the last 100 years and have over 1000 personal blends still kept in a little black book.
Of all the Deertounge blends I have tried (which are few) Gentleman Caller is my favorite but I need to be in a particular mood for it. Wife and family love the room\beard note of GC.

Cheers

telescopes

Of all the Deertounge blends I have tried (which are few) Gentleman Caller is my favorite but I need to be in a particular mood for it. Wife and family love the room\beard note of GC.

Cheers
Yes, it was the smell of black cavendish and a hint vanilla that first canny nose when I took up smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.