PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, shrimp and green beans dinner with a bowl of year 2001 Dunhill Navy Rolls in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough left for a couple more bowls.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Before dinner smoke thanks to @alaskanpiper, the most generous man at least in all Alaska (I don’t want to get labeled for libel here on law and order: pipesmagazine), was McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014 from a Brebbia Golden Matt Dublin.

Dinner tonight is: fennel, orange and olive salad with orange vinaigrette; Black eye pea salad with radish, onion, and pomegranate molasses; tomato and cabbage with cumin seeds; and tortilla with sesame seed.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
St. Bruno: Ready Rubbed in a Falcon with a Meer bowl...
izFApMc.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Before dinner smoke thanks to @alaskanpiper, the most generous man at least in all Alaska (I don’t want to get labeled for libel here on law and order: pipesmagazine), was McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014 from a Brebbia Golden Matt Dublin.
View attachment 17488

Dinner tonight is: fennel, orange and olive salad with orange vinaigrette; Black eye pea salad with radish, onion, and pomegranate molasses; tomato and cabbage with cumin seeds; and tortilla with sesame seed.
View attachment 17489
Looks delicious! Xmas cheer is a good one for VA lovers for sure. The 14 is smoking so well right now. Hope you enjoyed it!

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Peter Stokkebye Dansk Black (No. 47) in my ol' St. Claude. This tobacco is special for me, as this was the first one when I was starting out where I had a perfect smoke, and knew that I'd continue with pipe-smoking.

I probably haven't smoked this in over a year, but dang, it's still pretty smooth.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I can’t argue that it’s not a plug. Mine required a sharp knife to cut. It smokes pretty smooth, little chance of bite. I’m now at the bottom of the bowl and it’s full ash. Had a little gurgle at the top of the bowl but no moisture at the end. Once lit, I had no relights but it took half a book to get lit. I’m in a cigar lounge so I didn’t give it any dry time. All in all, I’m glad I bought 5 tins. I suspect this will get better with age.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Halfway through a Navy exercise but finally found time to smoke a bowl of Nightcap and a bowl of Old Toby at, of all places, the local dog track.
I used to go to the dog track back when I was making regular teips down to Tijuana, Mexico. I always had a lot of fun. Those dogs fly! It was a pretty nice place, but I always wondered if I was wrong for supporting the business by watching and betting on races.

Anyway, smoking dark Plug in the new meer cutty by Ali.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Looks delicious! Xmas cheer is a good one for VA lovers for sure. The 14 is smoking so well right now. Hope you enjoyed it!
It’s a great smoke! I really regret not getting into VAs before they closed. I have lots of their bulk aros. Some interesting ones. I appreciate it I love the ketchup flavor. Big ketchup fan.
I also have to thank @python for the CC we traded for!! I’m lucky to have that in my cellar! He’s definitely the most generous guy in all MD. Claims have been made.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It’s a great smoke! I really regret not getting into VAs before they closed. I have lots of their bulk aros. Some interesting ones. I appreciate it I love the ketchup flavor. Big ketchup fan.
I also have to thank @python for the CC we traded for!! I’m lucky to have that in my cellar! He’s definitely the most generous guy in all MD. Claims have been made.
Ditto. I’d love to have my cellar stacked with CC and 40th (I actually like 40th even more). I probably have enough, but I would also loved to have had access to some more of their stuff. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.