PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Orlik Golden Sliced in a Castello Collection Author.

IMG0062.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2021 Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in a post-2000 straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Tom_Eltang_Cherrywood.jpg

All the ferals were here to eat when I got up today, except for Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave because they spent the night inside out of the rain. I let Abner the Eager in to eat, and he took his usual snooze afterward. Sam the Scamp and Harry the Hairy have an interesting dynamic. They are friends most of the time, and it’s obvious to me that Harry is the boss of the two. Today, Harry, who had spent the night on our deck, was territorial about eating even though I put down two plates of food at a distance. Harry wanted Sam’s food, too, and stalked Sam until Sam stopped being nervous, and they sniffed each other’s noses. I have seen them do that many times. I’m not sure what that means, but it hasn’t resulted in any arguments so far as I can tell.
Sam&HarryCheckOut2.jpg
Sam&HarryCheckOut2.5.jpg
HarryLeavesSam2.jpg

Even though Harry the Hairy gets skittish toward me, he also is very friendly now. He gave me a happy meow and when I was scratching his head, he marked my hand for the first time. Harry keeps trying to get in, which isn’t going to happen. Anyway, I came back inside, and Sleepy Suzy started smelling my hand with an unusual chattering. She didn’t like the smell of Harry on my hand.
JimScratchHarry1.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess wanted inside because she was afraid of Harry, who was moaning loudly at her. I let her in. Daisy was in the kitchen when Molly Danger came out to eat. Molly was very unhappy to see Daisy, and I had to take Daisy out of the kitchen so Molly could eat.
DaisyKitchenStareMolly.jpg

Molly Danger sez to me "Tell Miss Tuxedo to get out of my kitchen."
MollyUnhappyabout Daisy.jpg

Sam the Scamp jumped up on the deck when he heard me put food down. Harry wasn’t thrilled about see Sam. He chased Sam way, and then spent his time guarding the food dish to keep others away. Eventually, I brought Sam in the eat.
Sam&HarryNitestand.jpg
HarryGuardsFoodSam.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305 dublin with a black vulcanite p-lip stem. This is the second Peterson I bought, and my first ever estate pipe in 1981.
Peterson_305_System_Standard.jpg

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Just watched the recorded version of the Super Bowl whilst smoking some Star of the East Flake in a Castello #33. Glad I recorded it so I could work the fast forward button in overdrive to get through the advertisements, 70 mins of football and 300 mins of meh! Not sure the best team won today and the Chiefs will miss their wise old coach keeping those big egos in check next year.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fell asleep in my chair, but was awakened by Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave meowing in four part harmony with full orchestration, "You can get anything you want at Jim's restaurant, so wake up and feed us, lazy bones!" I did, and so I am smoking year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.