PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Sutliff 507C VA Flake in the KW Meer Billiard.
I usually cube cut flakes and gravity feed. But, decided to revisit fold and stuff. Followed the @hoosierpipeguy technique from “How to fold a flake” thread. 😏

I ended up with a “ plug” that fit nicely into this pipe. Due to the length of these flakes, the bowl isn’t not full- about 3/4.
A cup of strong black Kenya tea accompanying.
image.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I had to double check the email archives to be sure, sometimes get confused. Got into all this because of a pic of this model pipe in Pointing Dog Journal - sort of a centerfold, lol, accompanying an article about all the stuff some guy carries in his vest. Something about it intrigued me, then found out it was almost impossible to find one and magically a US supplier (EA Carey) had one. So, it was the first pipe I ever puchased. While on the hunt for this I was already lurking quietly around here and being a Sherlock Holmes geek of sorts finally decided I needed a Peterson Rathbone which arrived within a few days of this one and I'd found the No. 515 at Wilke and so that was my first bowl. Blah, blah, blah, just reminiscing, lol. Old dog has a little intestinal problem, so luckily I can work from home because we've been out four times in the last 6 hours, napping peacefully now and after bit I'll feel safe leaving him until the wife gets home from work since I need to go in. So . . . Nording Woodcock and the rest of the Wilke Santa's Blend I held back from the jar. This is on my "great smoking pipe" list. Sorry for the long post.7E2D1FE3-72D0-4490-81BF-1C6D6957161E.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
View attachment 198905

Let’s start the month with an old Dunny, 965 and black coffee.
Cool!!! I had just gotten this pipe out to be at the ready for when I return from a meeting this evening from which I'll definitely need to unwind, lol. Now reviewing posts because I'm behind, so glad it's Feb. 1, saves me several pages, nice coincidence, could be a cousin to yours. This one is a 1976 Tanshell in an unusual 31CY "tall billiard" shape - now my only Dunhill (it was a great summer, haha). Some Kramer's Blend For Cary Grant seems right for it.

78ED4ABC-5837-403C-8084-CFC92C1804EA.jpeg

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Three Nuns tonight in my 1st pipe which is a classic model from the MM Corn Cob pipes offering.
It seems that after all, winter came here. It gets chilly after sunset in Athens, around 7 Celsius. The mountains around the city and all over the country have started to be covered with snow.
As I was doing my slow jogging routine tonight, I found a -bent- pipe on the -dirty- pavement. It seems that it fell from someone. Or he left it there. I did the same. Perhaps he will come back to collect it.
The second to last thing I wish it would be taken from me is imagination. Last is humour.

A happy month to all, good people.

Three Nuns - 1st pipe (MM Corn Cob).jpg
Fallen bent pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.