PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
I’ve seen you mention this pipe being “sawed-off” previously—I just assumed the shank was cracked, or you wanted a Nosewarmer version of this model, and you cut it down and recut the mortise—I was unaware of the La Corta series and just looked it up! Those are fun little pipes.
Haha! I am not that adventurous! But you're right; it's a fun pipe. It's a full-sized bulldog bowl, just shortened (a lot), and even after reading the dimensions, and kind of understanding what I was going to get, I was certainly surprised by it when it arrived. It's my first Savinelli and it's a good smoker.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Having burned seemingly a month's worth of calories shoveling snow over the past couple days, I think it's time for something a little less anatomically taxing. Walking down to the corner store for a couple yellow onions should be a welcome reduction in movement. Taking along a bowl of Sutliff Match Victorian in my MM Country Gent.

Much better than this:

2.24.23 gabe shoveling driveway.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Having burned seemingly a month's worth of calories shoveling snow over the past couple days, I think it's time for something a little less anatomically taxing. Walking down to the corner store for a couple yellow onions should be a welcome reduction in movement. Taking along a bowl of Sutliff Match Victorian in my MM Country Gent.

Much better than this:

View attachment 206026
For the love of God. Damn onions of the demons. It looks like a scene from the Fargo series. Fargo-1996-MAgaZinema.jpg

Last edited:

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Smoking some Peter Stokkebye's Optimum in a Blatter & Blatter Oom Paul, Anniversary Edition. One red dot and one white one. Signed by Patrick. Got 8 oz of this in yesterday's delivery from 4noggins Gotta smoke it slow - I can tell it wants to burn my tongue.

Blatter 4 Oom Paul.JPG

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Just got back inside from standing out on the back porch smoking yet another cob (I've got a pile of at least a dozen Missouri Meerschaums used for sampling new blends, smoking when the weather is bad, or just because I like them and don't feel like having to clean my expensive briars afterwards). We had a decent dump of snow last night, and when I returned to the kitchen my wife joked that I should go back outside and build a snowman to showcase my cob collection. Thought that was a funny idea on her part, but because I'm too old and lazy to do that I just decided to opt for borrowing the following pic from Wikipedia... :)

Snowman_in_Indiana_2014.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Esoterica Tilbury, generously sent to me by Scott/SBC, last night in a Rossi 8404 yacht, and later today in a Sav bent billiard 606 briar carved as corncobs. This is a refined Virginia blend with burley as a condiment. It reminds me of the discontinued Nat Sherman 536 blend which was a lively but not overbearing English blend with burley.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a navel orange and a Jazz apple on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of Nova about the Webb telescope.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Smoking some Sutliff Match Holiday Mixture in a Sunrise apple.
Sunrise-Apple-003.jpg

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Smoking some Sutliff's Peaches and Cream for the first time. Part of the shipment I got yesterday from 4noggins. Smoking it in a Blatter & Blatter slightly bent with one red dot. As a starter, I bought 8 ounces of the stuff. Thank God I like it! Still, Creme Brulee (from the same shipment) Is the tobacco to beat. MAN, is that a nice smoke!Blatter 5.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.