PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 Match in a Ferndown smooth bent billiard, a generous gift from a long-time member here, carved by Les Wood, who I think has since mostly retired. He started as a metalsmith at Dunhill and then went off on his own as a carver. He makes excellent pipes, should you see his work as estate pipes. I have this packed and will get back to it a little later.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in a smooth brown medium bend Abbott 788 (Sasieni family era) author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Posted two C&D Wintertime Reserve reviews at TR.
Abbott_author.jpg

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
The cold weather system bearing down on the eastern parts of the US sure did a number out here in LA. It's barely been getting out of the 50s most of this week, and dropping into the low 40s. So it's been a pipeless week until today because I'm long lost whatever heartiness I had from years in the Midwest and East Coast. But writing up some materials for a client while having a quick bowl of Haunted Bookshop in my Scott Klein Dublin (can't spend too much time out in the low 60s weather we're finally blessed with).

I'm going with a colleague/friend from work to the NASCAR race outside of LA this weekend -- earlier this week, the same area had snow.

Hope everyone has good weekends. Be well.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I'm going with a colleague/friend from work to the NASCAR race outside of LA this weekend -- earlier this week, the same area had snow.
Bundle up and go have a blast. There’s nothing like that feeling you get, deep down in your chest, when the pack comes by after that first lap at full throttle.

Enjoy your weekend @EssJaySea. We’ll expect a full report when you get back.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.