PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
2011 MB Norwood in my Stanwell 32. I stripped the finish of coconut oil to try out my new micro-mesh sending pads. After running from 4500-12000, reapplied the coconut oil. Looking for pretty sharp now. I’ll let the oil soak in after a heat up smoke for a few days and then put a couple coats of paragon on it. Pretty happy with this experiment on a cheap pipe, that turned out to be a great smoker.

Also did some research and found that 100% coconut oil/unscented, is extremely resistant to going rancid. Gets used on butcher blocks by many.

View attachment 64715View attachment 64716
Not bad looking for a cheap pipe.When finished with the Micromesh, try buffing with Tripoli Compound
(Only a suggestion)?

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I might have been a bit hard on the McLintock Black C earlier (can’t call it cherry anymore because ten year olds will start smoking pipes apparently, pc foolishness going too far as usual), it definitely improves at the halfway mark when the coffee starts to come through. We’re having a very cold spot and I’m enjoying the 1792 in a Nording Sailor at the moment.
@Birddog66 I'd like to try 1792 Flake in a clay!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
C&D Pegasus in a homemade bent Billiard
vKsxaOD.jpg

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Found out I have few more bowls of CH left in an old pouch. So, packed MM Carolina Gent and had a nice relaxing smoke on full sun drenched front porch. That is until the metal ferrule fell off while cleaning. Elmer's wood glue helped.

View attachment 64894
Same thing happed to my LiL Devil Acorn yesterday. I just glued mine back too. I think when they sit for a little while they tend to shrink a little, then swell when smoked.

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Currently working on my hands-free cadence with some Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve from my Sav. 111 KS Arlecchino, and chucking a stick around with Cucamonga. I love this blend more with each bowl. The pipe too! It doesn't matter that it's the most pathetic excuse for a sitter I've ever owned if I'm not setting it down.
20210208_173826.jpg20210208_173737.jpg

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Samuel Gawith Cabbies mixture that I had under compression with Samuel Gawith rope tobacco for eons(what ever that means)
A long time? In this Rinaldo YYY Dublin. Far better than the Peaty Kentucky. View attachment 64943
I can't wait for Cabbie's Mixture to become available again. Since I started taking the hobby seriously, it's been the blend I most look forward to trying, along with Squadron Leader with Perique. Gorgeous pipe too!!

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
B.C in a horizontal diamond outline stamped on the shank with cherrywood stem and horn mouthpiece 'library pipe' revealing the French origin of the brand and fitting well with the research that it wasn't uncommon - in the late 19th - early 20th cent. - for bowls to be turned in France and imported to England to be mounted in London by E.I over G.I over H.J.I (Edward, George and Henry John Inderwick - small workers) and into the 20th cent. in Birmingham by A.W (Arthur Wright - Gold & silversmith, Victoria Road, Stoke Newington, London N) and in Chester by S.L over S.L (Samuel Lyons - dealer in fancy goods/silversmith - 169 The Grove, Hammersmith, London W)
20210208_162708.jpg

+ Rattray's PROFESSIONAL MIXTURE
20210208_162048.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.