PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I almost feel guilty because of how nice my weather has been here in Ocala FL today.
I went out before sunrise to lunt in the light of a day old full moon, a couple of bowls worth, and for most of the day I've been sitting on the porch in shorts and t-shirt, no shoes.
Since my day starts around 2:30 a.m. typically, I'm smoking likely my last bowl of this one and it's Haunted Bookshop in an old Grabow Grand Duke straight billiard.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 1950s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a medium bend dark brown 2017 Don Warren 17 smooth straight grain rough top Dublin with a multi-brown cumberland stem and ferrule in the military mount style.
DWarren_2017.jpg

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Having just watched an episode of Columbo - the very first pilot episode "Prescription: Murder" as it happens - something the lieutenant said struck me as odd,
"I hope you don't mind if I light my cigar. Most women don't like cigars. My wife prefers a pipe, but I could never get used to those things. Too much to carry around with you."
(Prescription Murder 1968)

Doesn't seem to me a good reason as carrying a pipe with accessories is no more "too much to carry around" than a cigar with accessories
For example:-
View attachment 68411
View attachment 68412
Is that a Maruman GL-67 in the first picture? If it is, that’s my go to lighter. Love everything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.