Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning everyone, I started with Peterson 2019 special reserve in my Nording Sailor with my coffee. I’m now about halfway through Peterson Plug in its now dedicated Genoa Bantam on the Falcon. Every time I smoke this plug I get a little more from it, I’m new to this kind of hard plug and I like to shave it very thin and rub it to a light crumble and pack it relatively loosely. If I have time today I might start a thread to get other plug recommendations and preparation techniques. image.jpg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Good morning everyone, I started with Peterson 2019 special reserve in my Nording Sailor with my coffee. I’m now about halfway through Peterson Plug in its now dedicated Genoa Bantam on the Falcon. Every time I smoke this plug I get a little more from it, I’m new to this kind of hard plug and I like to shave it very thin and rub it to a light crumble and pack it relatively loosely. If I have time today I might start a thread to get other plug recommendations and preparation techniques. View attachment 68021
Salty Dogs is pretty good, though a tad on the expensive side.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Salty Dogs is pretty good, though a tad on the expensive side.
Who’s the blender? It’s quite possible I won’t be able to get in the UK although I think I’m going to put a order in with smokingpipes in the US. Don’t worry about the cost, unless it’s in a solid gold tin it’ll be cheaper than UK tobacco, we get bent over the counter before we pay if you know what I mean ?

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Dunhill Navy Rolls in a group 3 Dunhill Bruyere #251.View attachment 68015.
Considering Alfred Dunhill received his first royal warrant in 1921 as tobacconist to Edward, Prince of Wales later briefly Edward VIII ...
1614338771292.png 1614343791015.png

it's not surprising that Dunhill used a royal warrant look-a-like after the real one was withdrawn in 1995 ...
1614343320538.png

... before it morphed into this more sketchy variant in 2019
1614343595311.png

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Who’s the blender? It’s quite possible I won’t be able to get in the UK although I think I’m going to put a order in with smokingpipes in the US. Don’t worry about the cost, unless it’s in a solid gold tin it’ll be cheaper than UK tobacco, we get bent over the counter before we pay if you know what I mean ?
Dan tobacco

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m having some 1792 but whilst rubbing it out I decided to add just a pinch of Kendal medium cut Lat. I balled the lot up and rubbed it between my palms three times before packing and I have to say it’s bloody delicious. The lat (less than 10%) complements the the Tonquin perfectly and brings the whole thing together and making it milder, more rounded and very smooth. I’m halfway through now in the Ornsby Pipe and it’s just getting better. I’m gonna rub some more up and press it for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.