PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Tried smoking several blends. Trying to get over Covid. Loss of smell is truly toubling. I cant tell the difference between an Aero, Malin Flake, and an English. I guess I hope for the best and will probably smoke a lot less. It doesnt taste bad just not great. I suppose its time to break out the tins Im not super fond of.
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I finally just stopped smoking for a couple weeks because everything just tasted blah. Hopefully you‘re better soon.

Singed

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
My niece and nephew still get physical gifts but my family agreed to donate in each others names to various causes because we have more than enough crap! 😂 Others are without, so in the spirit of giving, that we should really have every day, this feels right. Happy Holidays, whatever you celebrate or not. 😂
Haddo’s in a Satou
View attachment 273636
That's a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing it!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
View attachment 273637View attachment 273642View attachment 273643Bowl three in the calabash meer, 2021 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake. Going through many VA blends right now to find what I’d like to cellar heavily in the future. This isn’t bad in anyway, but when I’m done with my jar that has but a few dried and brittle-oil scraps, I won’t find myself searching it out again. Stoved VA’s are my favourite, and I see little point in going deep in something that I find just a hair above okay, at least for now and the foreseeable future. Happy Holidays, All!
Good lookin meer!
Regarding the Wessex CBDF, at some point in the last few years something changed. Familiar story among many euro blends..
Pre-'18 or '17 CBDF is worth keeping an eye out for I think.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
Good lookin meer!
Regarding the Wessex CBDF, at some point in the last few years something changed. Familiar story among many euro blends..
Pre-'18 or '17 CBDF is worth keeping an eye out for I think.
Thanks! And I’ve been thinking the same for a long while with newer Rattray’s and Esoterica since Covid. Either way, I’d likely never be able to cellar tins from before present production time due to ever-raising prices on vintages.

Friendly Piper

Might Stick Around
Sep 22, 2023
Northern Virginia
Merry Christmas, all! I hope you are with loved ones today—and, for those who find the holidays difficult, I wish you strength and comfort.

My family and I are enjoying a traditional Jewish Christmas: Chinese food and a movie. And we’ve had the classic “A Christmas Story” on all day.

Smoking Cornell & Diehl’s Hebraica Series in my three Israeli pipes this morning:
  • Shalom Pipes little prince with “Boker Or”(Morning Light)
  • Alpha Rex freehand poker with “Or Olam” (Light of the Universe)
  • Shalom Pipes squashed Rhodesian with “Sha’are Orah” (Gates of Light)
It’s a gorgeous day in northern Virginia. I hope it is where you are, too.

—Friendly Piper

IMG_4357.jpeg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
it's 55 degrees warmer at my house as compared to last Christmas (at -7 degrees). a nice overcast drizzly day to drink coffee and smoke Dark Plug in an 80s. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

ba9cJ0Sh.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.