PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this cold, sunny day, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My dee
View attachment 269202Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Oil Cured Radice Rind with Condor, thank you @JOHN72. Celebrating my mother’s life even while making her funeral arrangements. This smoke is a needed break from the siblings.My mother bought me many pipes over the years. She raced motocross, shot in black power shoots and was a legendary hunter and fisherman. She was also a German. We affectionately referred to her as both the Hun and the panzer tank. She was a force to be reckoned with and even when I was 18 she could pin me in a wrestling match. She once held up the back end of a 56 Chevy when the Jack was moved while changing the Wheel She cold cocked two women who insulted her and dropped them clean out with one punch. A force of nature, she could rip a door off it hinges as easily as flinging cast iron skillets at my idiot dad. We will miss her and know that there was no one like her ever.
My deepest condolences. My prayers are with you.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
2008 McClelland No. 22 in a Savinelli Zulu.

I cracked this tin a couple of months ago, and the 2 or 3 bowls I had in the few days after opening (the first almost immediately after) were oddly both flat and harsh. Some time in the jar to breathe has done wonders. Smooth, sweet, and just a touch of low-key citrus, like candied orange slices or lemon custard.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
View attachment 269202Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Oil Cured Radice Rind with Condor, thank you @JOHN72. Celebrating my mother’s life even while making her funeral arrangements. This smoke is a needed break from the siblings.My mother bought me many pipes over the years. She raced motocross, shot in black power shoots and was a legendary hunter and fisherman. She was also a German. We affectionately referred to her as both the Hun and the panzer tank. She was a force to be reckoned with and even when I was 18 she could pin me in a wrestling match. She once held up the back end of a 56 Chevy when the Jack was moved while changing the Wheel She cold cocked two women who insulted her and dropped them clean out with one punch. A force of nature, she could rip a door off it hinges as easily as flinging cast iron skillets at my idiot dad. We will miss her and know that there was no one like her ever.
I am very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side, followed by a half pound cheeseburger. Yeah, I was extra hungry today, but it's back to the diet now. I'm smoking Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Going to post the C&D Anthology review in a couple of minutes.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Käpt'n Barsdorf's Bester, blue version (Kentucky), in a MM Hardwood.
With less than 5 per 50, it surely is a value for money tobacco this one. It comes in 160gr tubes, totally dry.
And I can't give enough arguments regarding how much value for money this pipe is...
Be well good people and may you preserve your mother's memory and blessing @telescopes.

Käpt'n Barsdorf's Bester - MM Hardwood pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.