PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
You got this. And remember, you're interviewing them too.

I got poached for my current job and don't regret a thing. The interview was slightly different in that I knew they were interested in talking (it's a small work community). Ultimately, it was just a matter of seeing I was actually knowledgeable and a good fit (aside from not drooling on myself).

Best of luck.
Have been retired nearly 5 years now. But nearly 30 years ago was poached with an offer of a 75% salary increase. So, of course, I took it. Miserable job and was fortunate that only 6 months later was able to return to my then ex-employer from whom I retired. Thus the adage that money does not buy happiness-or maybe the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I finished the drawing and the ink is drying. I'm nearing the half way mark of this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to feed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

The rain turned to a light mist, and after I finished a drawing I was working on, I looked out the window and saw Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave, and a few feet behind them, Abner the Eager. I fed Tomato and Abner far apart from each other, but I let Daisy in to eat because she generally behaves. Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger were in the back of the house. Then, I saw the light on at the side of the house, and heard Sam the Scamp crying for food. I knew this was going to be troublesome. Once I saw Daisy had finished her meal, and was laying on the couch, I brought Sam in to eat which is something I prefer not to do, but I didn’t want his food to get soggy.

Sam was eating and the ever jealous, territorial Daisy decided she didn’t like that, so she ran into the kitchen and tried to be mean to Sam. Sam was very scared and ran, scattering dry food everywhere. Daisy trapped him at the door, and both were growling. Daisy is twice the size of Sam so you can imagine how frightened he was as he cowered in fear. I immediately put Daisy out and scolded her. I calmed Sam down, swept up the floor, put new food down, and Sam ate his fill, gratefully purring to me. Suzy and Molly heard all the noise, and came out to show their presence to Sam, who is a stranger to them. They were extremely unhappy, and started growling. When I went to put him out, I saw Daisy was at the back door, so I took Sam to the front, and let him out the door. He stopped purring, and was sad, and wanted back in the house, but I had no choice. That was plenty of drama for 4 a.m.

Btw, when I saw Daisy at the door, I saw Shy Stripesy on the deck eating the food that Abner didn’t. I’m sure she came over with Sam, which she has done before. That leads me to think Sam may be her son. That’s a guess, but it is possible.

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Photo from the Dronfield Hall Barn Medieval Christmas event I went to last weekend:
Didn't get to smoke our pipes as the group members were told not to smoke in public on the 2nd day; out of period smoking of modern cigarettes etc is one of my pet hates...

Status
Not open for further replies.