PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
So…I left my house with my pipes, tamper, lighter, pipe cleaners on my way to see my youngest daughter and future son-in-law down in Nokomis, FL and I forgot my tobacco…🙄 So I do what any of us would do (no, I did not forego my sessions) I looked up “Pipe Tobacco Nokomis” on Google and found this small, seemingly forgotten cigar shop in town. With fingers crossed, I went in hoping for the best… Erinmore, 1-Q, Rum House Blend, Standard English… No, No,No…then I saw this tin of Davidoff Scottish Mixtue. So, I held my nose and purchased it. The fact that it was only $16 a tin let me know that it was old, at least 5 years old. I opened it and got hit in the face with whiskey and, ugh, Burley…here we go…
View attachment 268604
What a wonderful blend! All of the constituent tobacco’s are easily discernible and the topping is wonderful. It lights easily and smokes effortlessly. Easily an all day smoke. What a wonderful surprise.
Casey Key is one of my favorite places on earth. Curious to know the shop. I make it down there once a year to see my step father.

Bitters as in for a cocktail? If so, what is the effect and how'd you come across the idea?
Bitters as in cocktail. I have given up drinking alcoholic beverages earlier this year and I have a lot of bitters to find a use for. I sometimes use them with Ginger Ale, and it adds a complexity to an otherwise sweet drink.

With tobacco the effect is extremely mild. I don’t smell or taste the orange. However it opens up the Virginia flavors a bit. Like it.

I rarely wear a suit because I am not a very formal dresser. Also, since there was a time I had to wear a suit to work, it feels like I am going to work whenever I had to wear a suit. Today there is a semi-formal gathering, and my wife told me I have to wear one. I immediately saw a photo opportunity.IMG_7644.jpeg

Smoking Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug from January 2022 in a La Savinelli Giubileo D’Oro 320KS Author.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
MB Navy Flake in a Cavicchi

52890777964_83dfdeec1e_o.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I’m currently smoking Tilbury in a Sasieni four dot Amesbury and also having small bowls Petit Robin Semois in a Kiseru pipe at the same time. This is certainly the best way to smoke the Petit Robin for me, you get the full flavour of the tobacco without the stale cigarette taste I get if I smoke it in a full size bowl and the fine cut is the closest I’ll get to proper Kiseru tobacco most likely. View attachment 268500
I had to look up Kiseru pipes. Wasn't familiar with them. Very interesting. Those are both beautiful pipes you have there!

H

HRPufnstuf

Decided to have the little meer and Plum Pudding SR, with my coffee this morning. We had snow last night, about 2 inches, I'm hopeful it stays.

Later... with more PP SR

Lorenzetii Avitus 84.JPG

Later still...with RedVaPer Kake

Clarin Cutty.JPG

Then I hit the little meer with some MM 150th.

I keep forgetting to hit send lately.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I rarely wear a suit because I am not a very formal dresser. Also, since there was a time I had to wear a suit to work, it feels like I am going to work whenever I had to wear a suit. Today there is a semi-formal gathering, and my wife told me I have to wear one. I immediately saw a photo opportunity.View attachment 268622

Smoking Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug from January 2022 in a La Savinelli Giubileo D’Oro 320KS Author.
Cuff links and all! Very dapper my friend.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Smoking some 2020 Hal O’ The Wynd in my JH & Co. Silver Capped Calabash.
View attachment 268430
Accompanied by a Stroopwaffle and an Iced Tea. The most damnable thing about catching COVID is the fact that I’m now feeling at least 5 years older with ailments a person five years my senior should have; insomnia being one of them. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine being up at 2:00 am smoking a pipe to pass the time, but here I am. I imagine this too shall pass?

Sorry to hear man! :(

Hope you get better soon! ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.