PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Revisiting John Cottons Double Pressed Virginia after a few months. Bought a tin back in February this year and never really clicked with it, I think it really needs a good rubbing out and air exposure to open up. One of those Virginias that gets better as it gets drier.

To my tastes anyway, if anybody else smokes this often and has any thoughts let me know.

Cheers everybody!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

My old college room mate and his wife came to see us this past evening. Abner the Eager came to see them.
Connie&Abner_FullFigure.jpg
Connie&Abner_Close.jpg
Bob&Abner_FullFigure.jpg
Bob&Abner_Lap_Close2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Some minutes ago, I heard a knock at the back door. Figuring it was Daisy the Feral Princess, I looked out the window to see her and Tomato the Brave. I don’t know where or why Tomato was gone for five days, but he’s back. I let him in to eat and of course, he wanted attention, which he got. He also liked hiding under the foot mat.
Tomato_Mat1.jpg
Tomato_Mat2.jpg
Tomato_Mat3.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking some Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia plug in the year's 2018 annual pipe, made for the members of the Greek Pipe Club by George Leoussis. Yesterday I picked also year's 2024 annual pipe, directly from the (same) carver's workshop. Mine was ready, others are under preparation. I don't plan to put fire in it before the new year comes, which -according to information- will happen soon.
P.S. in the way of @halfdan, aka Clay King, I've found a fully functional small black Bic lighter in the street and I use it now to lit my pipe.

Have a pleasant day good people!

Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia plug -  GL pipe Bic Lighter.jpg
Pipe of the year 2024.jpg
GL pipes workshop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.