PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
My first bowl of GH&Co Black Cherry Twist, in a clay. Not an auspicious start, because it started to gurgle around the same time it finally took a light. But flavor-wise, very promising! Just when I least expected it, there were little wisps of sweetness. Looking forward to getting to know this stuff better.

View attachment 266054
@ThermionicScott Nice pipe and good tobacco choice; I really like Gawith blends in clay. Can you imagine how many clay pipes have been smoked with Gawith tobacco over the years???
Going to get some loose Gawith Hoggarth for the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich next year. Might get some twist or flake, maybe 10-20g of each. Need to make sure I don't run out on the day! Some say if I was re-enacting the clay pipe era I'd have a pipe stuck in my mouth all the time:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. See ya a little later.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Had some Exclusive! And look what my wife left out over the fireplace lol it's a bent pipe most likely a Meer. It is going to be an awesome Christmas!
View attachment 266303
Hard to walk by this and not open! Excited to see what it looks like! If I know my wife, it's most likely carved but like a pattern or something. I don't see her picking a completely smooth one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.