PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Finishing off my supply of Uhles PPB this morning in the ol Grabow. Luckily I live a few miles away from the shop and wouldn’t ya know, I need pipe cleaners. Huh, I’m guessing more tobacco will be in my checkout as well, especially Bishops move and Blend 00 which I’ve wanted to try for a while.
IMG_3354.jpeg
I’m feeling like an antique this morning so I filtered accordingly

Cloozoe

Lifer
Sep 1, 2023
Good Friday, all; well, not "Good Friday", simply wishing everyone a lower-case good Friday. If it happens to be upper-case Good Friday in a sect with which I'm unfamiliar, then Good Friday as well as good Friday to its members.

Now that that's been clarified, I'll return to some old tobacco in a young pipe. Tastes fine, but I'm having trouble dealing with the cognitive dissonance.

IMG_6071.jpeg

H

HRPufnstuf

Starting the day with English #1 in my figure meer. This will be the end of my English #1 today, already organizing my next order, still working on training my palate so aros will not be included.

Finished my experimental blend RedVaPer Kake yesterday and I would definitely blend Red Virignia Kake and VaPeriques Kake from Sutliff again. It was a very nice combination and had spice w/o bite.

Friendly Piper

Might Stick Around
Sep 22, 2023
Northern Virginia
IMG_4309.jpegIMG_4310.jpeg

Moving on to the afternoon smokes on an unseasonably warm and sunny Virginia day.

Royal Yacht in my MM Charles Towne Cobbler, followed by Watch City American Cut Plug in a new MM Patriot. Sun-drying some GLP Chelsea Morning to smoke in my Savinelli 904KS. (I find that the sides of this pipe get a bit hot when smoking a lot of blends—this one stays pretty cool for me.)

Friendly Pupper went inside to cool off. Not a common thing to say in December!

bobomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2023
Colombia
roberthunt.com
The other day I bought some Orlick Golden Sliced based on feedback from the forums.

First time, I wasn't overly impressed. Beside the fact I was embarrassed I paid way more than I should
have at the local tobacco store, my first impressions were not very good. I thought I wasted my
money.

I loaded the flake a few times by shredding it with my fingers. I found it was hard to keep lit
and didn't particularly burn very even. Lot of relights. But what good smoke I did get out of it,
I sort of liked. It just wasn't consistent. Having over spent on it, I thought I'd just smoke it out and be done with it.

Well, this morning, I decided to fold it in my hardwood instead of shredding it. No cutting, no shredding, just
fold it in and see what happens.

To my surprise, it was a completely different smoke. Folding it left a little extra from the top
but it lit without an issue. And it burned just beautiful. A nice even burn, a taste that I really
enjoyed. One of the nicest, pure tobacco smokes I've had. A little more vitamin N than I'm normally
used to. I usually smoke aros, but this was completely different smoke that I thoroughly enjoyed.

So I have changed my mind, and I think I'll take a few tins back down south with me. But I'll
be being buying it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.