PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

H

HRPufnstuf

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I smoked a bowl of KBV Mr. Christian’s Kraken Plug in a post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. If you’re interested in getting one, please contact Smoking Pipes and ask them to put this model back into production. Gold Star Yemen Red Mocha Harrazaa+, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 270113

The mystery of Shy Stripesy’s current deep fear of me is solved. It’s another cat. Compare the first two photos of Shy Stripesy with the bottom two photos of the other cat. Shy Stripesy is afraid of me but nothing like this one is, which I had seen a few times at the top of the street. That one was always scared of everybody. It’s not much comfort to me, but at least I know what’s been happening now.
View attachment 270114
View attachment 270115
View attachment 270116
View attachment 270119
The dark nose is a quick identifier. Certainly a much warier cat. Stripesy's facial markings are more pronounced than those of the new cat. It troubles me that you have so many neglected and stray cats in your neighbourhood. No bad pets, really. Just bad owners. You are a kind soul.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Dan Tobacco The Mallard Flake Plus Perique in a 2021 medium bend black sandblasted Peterson Newgrange 80S bent bulldog silver spigot with a tapered reddish brown, black striped acrylic stem. Still have more Pete bulldogs to go. Watching an old Roy Rogers movie.
Peterson_80S_NG_bbulldog_ ss.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The dark nose is a quick identifier. Certainly a much warier cat. Stripesy's facial markings are more pronounced than those of the new cat. It troubles me that you have so many neglected and stray cats in your neighbourhood. No bad pets, really. Just bad owners. You are a kind soul.
Thanks, I didn't notice the differences at first, but once I started thinking about what was happening, I realized what was going on. They look like they are related to each other and to Sam, too.

Here is the cat who was very likely their father. We found a home for him three years ago.
Original Stripes.jpg

Here's his son who I believe came from the same litter as Shy Stripesy. He was friendly, but disappeared and we never did learn what happened to him.
StripesyJr-bed.jpg

I think Sam the Scamp is somewhere in the family tree.
Sam_Cries_Attention1.jpg

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Carter Hall in my Rossi.
This is now my COVID pipe, as I'm down for the next 5 days. Good time to get this thing broken in slowly...
View attachment 270147

This has been a fantastic pipe so far. It really does smoke nicely, and after a little finish removal, it looks pretty good now too!
View attachment 270149
Nice Rossi pipe, I have 3 and I love 'em. Praying for you for healing from the Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.