PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
So, that's it. Last bowl (for me) of 2022. Another year passed. Another year plus to the amount each one has summed until now. Another year minus from the -unknown- amount that has been left for everyone. During this period (the second) I guess all we can do is try to have fun and enjoy life, love, work, create, do some good things and don't forget those that are in need and of course load and smoke our pipes!

Three Nuns in a Falcon.

Καλή Χρονιά! Kali Chronia! Happy new year to all of you good people!

View attachment 191085
Happy New Year and may God Bless you and your family!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Certainly true, and the precision could possibly be refined down to the Amboseli basin region as well along with the long history of the area. However, I've sadly given up trying to enlighten people's geography knowledge a long time ago, I don't have enough hair left for the frustration. After being asked several times if I flew or drove the last time I visited Xinjiang, China, I finally started answering that I rented a car because of the long miles. That was easier than explaining continents, countries, regions, peoples, and cultures to people who went to the same schools I did but seemingly slept through it all and don't care about understanding. Let's just smoke a pipe, find a little peace where we can, and offer a bit of smoke up to the forgotten, the lost, and each other.
Yes I know, I am frequently living in South Africa. Most people in Germany don’t have a clue where on the planet that is. “Oh Africa!” or even better “That’s in the south of Africa?”are stereotypes. I am a little pettish with those things. But glad to hear you rented a car to get from Alabama to Xinjang. Hope you had a nice trip ;-)

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Back out in the fog to break in my new Bones mini churchwarden brandy with some SG 1792 flake. It is a fun pipe. Clenches well. Thoroughly pleased with it.
Here is the pipe. It has moved to the top of my list in its single use. I know these pipes are not for everyone, but I like to have pipes that I can drop and beat up without feeling bad (see my post about dropping my brand new Peterson spigot - ugh...still feeling that one)

IMG_0130.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's supposed to rain most of the day, so no walking for now.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2020 Dunhill Elizabethan Match Plug in a black sandblasted quarter bend 2015 Rossi Vittoria author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave slept on my deck and were waiting for me to feed them. They got extras! Shy Stripesy doesn't go out in the rain, so I don't expect to see her.
Rossi_Vittoria_author.jpg

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Just finishing this bowl of BW Back Down South in the Bones Skinny Paul. Took a slow walk around the neighborhood to complete a roll of Kodak Tri-X in my grandpa's Pentax K1000. Thinking about some new photo projects for next year. Perfect pipe for smoking while wielding a camera.

PXL_20221231_195846770-01.jpeg
Happy New Year everyone!

Just finishing this bowl of BW Back Down South in the Bones Skinny Paul. Took a slow walk around the neighborhood to complete a roll of Kodak Tri-X in my grandpa's Pentax K1000. Thinking about some new photo projects for next year. Perfect pipe for smoking while wielding a camera.

View attachment 191231
Happy New Year everyone!
Man does that bring me back - I used to shoot a lot. I miss the days of film. There was something about developing and printing. The whole process was wonderful. Now it is instant gratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.