PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Yes I know, I am frequently living in South Africa. Most people in Germany don’t have a clue where on the planet that is. “Oh Africa!” or even better “That’s in the south of Africa?”are stereotypes. I am a little pettish with those things. But glad to hear you rented a car to get from Alabama to Xinjang. Hope you had a nice trip ;-)
A great couple of books I read many years ago now (when they came out!) are: The Scramble for Africa, and Running the Amazon. Phenomenal reads still, imho...

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Still early so might not be my last of 2022.. Catching up on the blog with C&D Mocha in a MM cob. Damn this is easy and quite nice! I swear, the more I puff the -cooler- it gets on my tongue. And I didn't know voluminous smoke until I puffed this one (same for any cav/black cav blend?). If this is what the sweet-tooth aromatic junkies already know all about, I am late to the party!
IMG_2841.jpg
Happy New Year to all who have already crossed that dateline!

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Last smoke of 2022 will be in the pipe that really started me along this dabbling so many years ago, my Savinelli 316 KS. In the pipe is Wingfield which just works so well in this pipe. It delights me no end that tobaccoreviews lists this blend type as “other.” :)
44B62B9B-2469-4E5B-B229-E68A631D3034.jpeg
Enjoying with…water!
Happy new year, all!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
It's an Omega Super Chromega D enlarger. It can print up to 4x5 inch negatives, which I have a desire to get into, but right now I'm just printing 35mm.
I’ve used a 4x5 inch optical bank for years. Most of the fun was to use a Polaroid back with black/white instant positive images and an additional instant negative. Very smooth grayscale. I used that a lot for slow portraits. I sold all the stuff when the house with the studio I rented out was sold.

Still got the Rollei loaded with BW-film.image.jpg

Black and white prints in your own darkroom are still an outstanding thing to do. Doesn’t matter what format you use.

By the way smoking some Ralph’s Burley Cup in a cob as first smoke of a the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.