PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Had a lovely Sabbath of doing mostly nothing, other than catching up on some much needed R&R. Had my last smoke of the year, a small bowl of C&D Pegasus in a Foyard Rhodesian in the workspace (a 60s Spartan trailer) with a cup of Earl Grey, shielded from the inconsistent mists of the afternoon. It's now raining in earnest, and windy to boot. Glad I got that bowl in when I did, and even more glad I patched the roof with some Henry's prior to this storm. Going to hunker down and wrap up Season 1 of the Original Star Trek, which wifey and I rented from the library, or as Homer Simpson would say, the libary.

I would say 2022 was a much better year overall, but considering the Kafka-esque nature of the two years prior, that's not exactly a revelation. Here's to hoping 2023 builds on such an improvement! Happy New Year to all.

foyard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, a Jethro Bodine-size (over a pound) bowl of chili topped with sharp cheddar cheese with a plate of Mexican cheese topped nachos on the side. While we wait for the freshly baking apple pie to be ready, I'm smoking year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching The Thin Man as we always do on New Year's Eve.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Backwood Briar, I have two Luciano pipes, a rusticated billiard with a saddle stem and a smooth slightly bent author. I really like your Rhodesian/tomato. Do you know if Luciano is still in business? I don't see them on sale any more. Besides their all-around quality, I liked that they stamped their pipes with the year of manufacture, rather than let everyone guess or chase through charts of serial numbers or codes. That seemed enlightened.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Backwood Briar, I have two Luciano pipes, a rusticated billiard with a saddle stem and a smooth slightly bent author. I really like your Rhodesian/tomato. Do you know if Luciano is still in business? I don't see them on sale any more. Besides their all-around quality, I liked that they stamped their pipes with the year of manufacture, rather than let everyone guess or chase through charts of serial numbers or codes. That seemed enlightened.
@mso489 I stumbled on this pipe and loved the shape. I have enjoyed it for the last 3 years, your right the date is stamped on it, online they said they were loosely affiliated with Radice. But nothing else I can find. What I read was dated 8 years ago. I would definitely recommend them, shapes and smoking qualities are good

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Going to kick off New Year’s Eve with McClelland Syrian Star (2009) in a @Puffaluffaguss made* Corn Cob (that started out as a Missouri Meerschaum General Cob and became way cooler) with Mimmo Romeo Briar Plug Base, 14k Gold Band, and modified blue Forever Stem. Both tobacco and pipe were part of my very generous Secret Santa gift:

View attachment 191339
*Thanks, I love it!
Yup my brand will eventually be called. "N Rod Cobs". Like "A Rod" of the Yankees, same type of abbreviation. Here is a pic of what the plug/base looks like. I wasn't sure if I should add a bowl coating to your pipe but I decided it best to let you decide, no reason for it but I know some makers add it for protection but a gift is a gift no refund necessary 😁20220612_175327.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a lot of freshly baked apple pie, and am half way through this bowl of Watch City Mistletoe Jam (Christmas 2022) in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot wide top dublin with a canted plateau and black acrylic saddle stem.
WinslowC_Dublin_silverspigot.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Yup my brand will eventually be called. "N Rod Cobs". Like "A Rod" of the Yankees, same type of abbreviation. Here is a pic of what the plug/base looks like. I wasn't sure if I should add a bowl coating to your pipe but I decided it best to let you decide, no reason for it but I know some makers add it for protection but a gift is a gift no refund necessary 😁View attachment 191343

I wasn’t sure if I should mention the “N Rod” stamp—I kind of figured it was like “A Rod,” but, wasn’t sure how much anonymity was preferable. The draw is nice and open. The McClelland is very sweet and fruity—the Latakia is in the background—I wouldn't have pegged this for an English blend. I’m enjoying it, but, may have to pause since our sashimi dinner is happening soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.