PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have a very short smoke of Edward G. Robinson Pipe Blend in an Austrian Meerschaum Ball, with faux tortoise shell stem, circa late 19th Century or early 20th Century.

IMG_20221202_185815.jpg

This diminutive set appears to have been designed for smoking cheroots (white bowl), cigarettes (white bowl with smallest chamber), and pipe tobacco (red bowl), based on the varied chamber sizes—I like to think of it as a precursor to the Falcon interchangeable pipe bowl system.

IMG_20221202_185833__01.jpg

IMG_20221202_185842__01.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have a very short smoke of Edward G. Robinson Pipe Blend in an Austrian Meerschaum Ball, with faux tortoise shell stem, circa late 19th Century or early 20th Century.

View attachment 184755

This diminutive set appears to have been designed for smoking cheroots (white bowl), cigarettes (white bowl with smallest chamber), and pipe tobacco (red bowl), based on the varied chamber sizes—I like to think of it as a precursor to the Falcon interchangeable pipe bowl system.

View attachment 184753

View attachment 184754

*Apologies for the out of focus shot with the tobacco tin—I should've noticed that before posting. I don't feel like setting it up again.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Mix of CS Second Breakfast and Newminster 400 Navy Flake in an Irish Second (Peterson) bent dutch (either 313 or 8S shape i think) 19mmx38mm chamber BUT --- I discovered that my Savinelli dry system stem with 6mm filter fits this pipe so I tried it and it is better fit than the comfort saddle stem and tighter fit. The Savinelli also fits my Erica second bent apple too ! And my Savinelli 2604KS filter saddle stem fits my K&P Aran Irish Army 68. So now I can smoke three of my non-filtered pipes with a filter stem if I choose to do so ... nice option to have available. The smoke was wonderful and relaxing as always.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
It has a been a while in between smokes.
I was in Melbourne visiting my son and his family and I have a self-imposed rule not to smoke around my 5yo granddaughter.

Firing up my newly arrived Peterson Sport Billiard No 7 with a short P-lipped stem. Looking very Lovat-like
Pictured with an Orlik Prince Regent Lovat.
Both have similar sized bowls

Bowl of Peterson's Founder's Choice

With a glass of Amaro Nonino Quintessentia
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.