PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through my last smoke of the day, which is year 2016 Newminister 400 in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Fed all the cats, did the dishes, and am reading while this bowl lasts.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning chaps, I’m just about finished a bowl of 633 in the white leather Longchamp and I’m moving on to Viprati in a bent Masta Patent Pipe with a silver band with a 1921/2 Birmingham hallmark. It’s a VaPer kind of morning which I was hoping would start with ‘21 Cringle Flake but I think the bastards at Customs have got their greedy hands on it. I can’t complain however because I’ve been very lucky to date.

Belated happy birthday Winterrise, may you have many more in which to enjoy your pipes.

Mar 1, 2014
Three bowls, all home blends, based on Sutliff Vanilla Custard or Creme Brulee as the base.
With a heavy base of Aromatic, plus some Shag, these all burned very quickly, which for me is the only way I can bring my cadence to a sip while avoiding constant re-lights and/or the use of a torch lighter.

1. Smoked in a Rossi 8815, equal parts Sutliff Creme Brulee and Chocolate Mousse (30% each), with a bit of Gawith Hoggarth Dark Bird's Eye and C&D Star of the East (16% each). I call it "OREO", good consistent flavor, very pleasant smoke.

2. Smoked in a James Barber B-Line, a combination of 40% Chocolate Mousse, 20% Sutliff Vanilla Custard, 20% Dark Bird's Eye, and 20% Frosty Mint, then and extra 10% Sutliff Kentucky on top.
Aiming to taste like mint chocolate, the Frosty Mint is still very prevalent but not being overpowering, not quite hitting expectations but still pretty good.

3. Smoked in another James Barber B-Line, a combination of 66% Vanilla Custard, 16% Dark Bird's Eye, 16% Frosty Mint, and then a extra booster of 10% Kentucky.
Mostly sweet and lightly cool, somehow this blend turned bitter more easily than the others, definitely more "one note" but it should still be very enjoyable not smoked in close proximity with other blends.

19944C3D-F4BD-4AE8-8F79-70021C734733.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.