PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way though this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
GH Bosun Cut Plug, tastes exactly like it smells, and as Jim put it on TR: rose geranium over clove, on a bed of Gawith Virginia - these Virginias remind me of Curly Cut Deluxe. Pushing it brings the tobacco forward, while slowly sipping makes it taste as the unburnt flake. Reminds me very much of Greek Orthodox Church incense.
Smoking properties: classic Lakeland flake like Dark Flake Scented: no drying, takes a few lights to get going, then turns to stone, but then burns to the heel.

Sweeter than Dark Flake Scented, without being SWEET.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. Enjoyed a very fun chat with super Peterson collector Mark Irwin about 4ABs and other Peterson pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
After reading severals review that said Sutliff Edgeworth need drying time i give it a go and honestly i think you lose the flavor that make this blend so good , if you want unflavoured burley i will go with something else . Was not bad tho but not as molassy and rich . I’m smoking it into a bent Lorenzo spitfire with coffee , hope you all having a good day !

Status
Not open for further replies.