PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Good morning All
A dull start to Boxing Day here in Scotland ??????? however brightened with a bowl of Macbaren’s HH Rustica in a Blakemar Briars Sir Douglas after finishing off last night’s bowl of the same but in a James Barber B-Line Lovat. Enjoying the array of tastes and sensations this tobacco provides. Kai watching out for grey squirrels.720D42B3-EB14-40AF-A352-51F6E2096E22.jpeg35D347EE-1472-43D5-A2BC-CFFCBFFCA328.jpegF77965E4-15D7-4207-87FE-252629DDEADE.jpeg
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

Tbaggins

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2021
Montana
Where did you find that wrapping paper!?

I'm finishing off some University Flake.
Have been smoking it on and off over the last couple of days, haven't posted in ages though.

Really growing on me, especially the blueberry(?) topping.
Ah my girlfriend bought me the pipe for Christmas from SP, said she paid extra for the gift wrap lol. I searched the sight to find the wrapping paper but to no avail. I wanted to wrap my corner of the garage in it. I’ll be making a call to them on Monday, I found a hairline crack in the pipe? I’ll ask if I can buy some paper from them and let you know!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good morning All
A dull start to Boxing Day here in Scotland ??????? however brightened with a bowl of Macbaren’s HH Rustica in a Blakemar Briars Sir Douglas after finishing off last night’s bowl of the same but in a James Barber B-Line Lovat. Enjoying the array of tastes and sensations this tobacco provides. Kai watching out for grey squirrels.View attachment 117087View attachment 117088View attachment 117089
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
@Ettrick puffer I enjoyed the Rustica in my clay pipes; did you get a baccy rush from it!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan no I didn’t, maybe I’m used to Samuel Gawith’s 1792 Flake and various plugs and ropes. A very pleasant smoke though, pity about its limited availability.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
@Ettrick puffer I get it after smoking strong baccy even if I don't puff too hard; maybe this Redcoat needs to toughen his nicotine tolerance!!!
Even Condor packs a mighty punch!!!
It would be great if we could meet up when the pandemic is over.
You would love the Peak District in Derbyshire; I've got a book of walks that I'm going to have a go at when the weather gets better next year!!!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan ? us Redcoats are made of sterner stuff ?? Fortis !!
Ettrick puffer
@Ettrick puffer Maybe I need to strengthen my lungs ready for when I go to re-enactment.
I see Smoking pipes.com sell the Rustica so I'll probably get a couple of tins next time I order from them, along with a couple more clays.
It would be good to shoot your Brown Bess musket if we could get together, followed by a few beers and bowls:)
I'd have to wear my Redcoat uniform; maybe I should smoke some Clan in my clay pipe:)

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Some Peterson standard mixture I bring with me in a Peterson pouch, in my Peterson System pipe while having a walk with my Peterson dog.
After 3 days of rain and wind I started feeling like I was in Ireland, but today sun is back so I’m suddenly back to the subtropics.
BBDA9BE4-239F-452D-BECE-DF95D8045A4B.jpeg
64AAEB22-391D-4A9D-9E45-B7345B8EE23C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.