PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just posted a bunch of KBV and Sutliff reviews at TR. Steady rain canceled my walks for the day so I had the time to post.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
I hope your son arrived well.
I am waiting also for the little lady. She is coming by plane on Wednesday.
Enjoy the family time friend from the North.
@Christos D. Tsatsaronis he arrived safe and well thank you ? you too my friend, I hope you and your family have a blessed time. So grateful to have family back at home.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
McC's Dark Star, the discontinued masterpiece of Virginia leaf by a blender that's closed down for good, in a four square billiard panel blast Kaywoodie with a saddle stem. Just a few more bowls of this left in the tin. Then on to other long-neglected blends from the past, including two more McC's. The secret of Dark Star was to grate the big pieces and dry out the smaller pieces, for a nice even burn and only average relights.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
I’m afraid I’m the laziest smoker on the forums today. In the middle of a bowl of We Three Kings in a BriarWorks as pictured.

I should have been more adventurous. @Tar Wheel was extraordinarily generous and sent me a few tins, including this year and last’s Crinkle Flake and Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake and F&T CVP. I wasn’t prepared to store them properly after opening one.

Thanks to his kindness and a minor splurge at smoking pipes I am sitting on about a dozen different unopened and new to me tobaccos. As someone who has always stuck to B&M house blends in the past, this is fun and uncharted territory.

I also grabbed the Scotts billiard pictured with the C&D blends — it is a tad smaller than I expected (totally me as SP details everything well as we all know) but what got me was the slight tilt to the bowl. It is unlike all my other pipes.

I maybe should have broken it in with some Haunted Bookshop — but, again, lazy.

Why? Just got done paying for a new furnace— just installed. A little late to cancel Christmas but maybe Valentines Day will be reserved!! (It did offer me some time to work on my last project of the year, which is turning out to me a tad more time consuming than expected so that was one benefit.)

Happy holidays all.

51E142FF-D97E-4830-8497-C3B633D015F5.jpeg

F3687350-7EFC-42F2-98AF-94E18A5E5796.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.