das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2020 Brunello in a Savinelli Antica

53356352265_ae2b581df7_k.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking and reviewing C&D Sun Bear Black Locust 2024( Small Batch) in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. This goes on sale Tuesday, August 13 at 6:00 pm EST. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
This is a very divisive tobacco. Here in our country it is adored by many, some even consider it the best tobacco that can be purchased in Italy today.
But there is a part of the public that - like me - cannot tolerate the strong citrus note. Those who appreciate it, however, do not even notice this citrus note, and this is strange.

Years ago I had three bags brought from Spain when my daughter went there on a school trip (at the time it was not sold in Italy); there was a great outcry around this tobacco and I was curious to try it. I managed with great difficulty to finish one bag, I exchanged the other two with a friend who gave me an excellent Red Virginia McConnell in exchange.
The Saint Bruno left a strong lemon flavor in my mouth at the end of the smoke, or rather, to be precise, it reminded me of "Limonina", those bottles of lemon juice that my mother bought at the supermarket when I was little. When it was almost finished, she gave it to me and I enjoyed finishing it by sucking the bottle that was made of soft plastic.
Human memory is strange, sometimes a smell, a taste, opens up a distant memory.
Here, at the end of the smoke, that taste from so many years before returned to my mouth. Of tobacco, however, not even a shadow.
I do not get a citrus taste, but there is a definite bitterness that kind of drys my mouth. I have heard others comment about the citrus, but I'm not getting it.
Honestly, the Kentucky leaf is what dominates it for me.
It's sort of a stout Virginia to me.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
A wonderful afternoon smoke (only 107F today!) of some Nightcap in my Savinelli 606 Blue Alligator bent billiard. This was the first pipe I purchased when I began my pipe-smoking journey. A great choice -- solid construction, nice-looking, and relatively affordable. This pipe launched my adventure that now stretches over a dozen pipes and 60+ blends. I love pipe smoking!

IMG_4602.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg