PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Recovering from 8 days camping in the Tahoe mountains. Kelly’s coin, 5 brothers and Morning blend sustained me for the week. Relaxing this morning with 50/50 Half&Half and 5 brothers in a Morgan Arbutus poker, while sipping strong coffee and catching up on the WAYs thread. I must admit I missed this forum with my morning smoke and coffee. Lots of off road adventures, but nice to be back home 1722965103249.jpeg1722965329414.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
At the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed the ferals. Daisy the Feral Princess still doesn't want to come inside. Don't know why, but whatever makes her happy is fine with me. Since the others are outside, she won't get wet food. Tomato the Brave is inside eating.

I noticed that my local MLB TV channel didn't play High Heat today, at least not in my area because I DVR'd it, and it didn't record the show. I'm having to watch it on YouTube. In fact, Mad Dog Russo's show isn't on every week day any more. Anybody know why?
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Cyl 3 misfire that’s intermittent but won’t go away (plugs, wires, rotor/cap, injector, no vacuum leaks, good compression, etc).
It’s the last year of the Dodge 360 Magnum-probably all leftover parts😆
That is a head scratcher. Sticky valve or maybe a worn cam lobe not allowing the valve to open all the way? Could be a teeny tiny leak in the intake manifold gasket. Probably a stupid glitch in the ECU.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps under cloudy, humid skies, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I don't know when the rain is coming, but I hope it holds off long enough for me to get another set of walks in.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
C&D Izmir Turkish in my English cob.

izmir_in_cob.jpg

When I first smoked this varietal on its own, I thought "oh, so that's what gives my English blends that 'burning leaves' smell, great" and put it back on the shelf for a while. Recently, I've gotten it out again and have been surprised by how easily sweet it is. I smoked three or four bowls to confirm that it wasn't just residue from some other blend I had recently smoked. Nope, this is pretty nice on its own!

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Old Joe Kranto Red Label in a Radice Rind brandy.

1713124892532.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Peruvian Macchu Picchu, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5674.jpeg
As promised @JimInks, here is the Peterson System Premier 309 Made in the Republic of Ireland I sent to my friend Steve at RebornPipes for restoration. It was stained black. The vulcanite P-lip stem has one of those chimneys in it.

I just lit up some Briar Fox in it for its first smoke with me and it is super smooth and cool. You were correct, Jim, it is a great smoker.

I have never liked the P-lip more than on this pipe. I am happy I did not completely dismiss them.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
First bowl of the morning! Enjoying a 2022 Coniston Cut Plug in this meerschaum 'Cutty' pipe with hallmarked Birmingham 1900 silver band and later early 1920s replacement stem. The pipe is made by A.P and for the life of me I just cannot remember who those initials stood for but I am sure someone will helpfully chime in. Enjoy your morning and I will swing by later after coffee time.

View attachment 328601
Glad you got the answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.