PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe H

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2024
Alaska
The main reason I started smoking pipes 30 years ago was because of the shorter smoking options available compared to the cigars I had been smoking. Surprisingly, these days I rarely load less than a full bowl. Today I decided to stop dumping out so much unsmoked tobacco when time runs short, so I loaded up my trusty Dr. Grabow with only a half of one of my cherry/burly blends. It was great! I was messing around in my back yard for twenty minutes. Set it aside to run some errands, and relit it for another 15 minutes when I got back. I like the attached picture – the pipe almost looks to be floating in the forest.

Grabow in Forest.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed the ferals.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
Today I have tried out my new meer, my only figural. I figured I should have one since I have become a meer fan. Carved by Cosgun.

First bowl was Greve Hamilton, then Brookfield No. 1 and I finished up with Samuel Gawith Palace Gate.

I really like Palace Gate even though I was apprehensive since I had read a description somewhere that said it has coconut flavoring. It seems to be a rare SG tobacco sadly. I could definitely see it being a big player in my rotation if it was more easily available.
Palace Gate was discontinued quite a while ago.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed all the ferals, and am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' in the studio. Abner the Eager is snoozin' on m'lady's chair. Tomato the Brave is just sitting in the den, and looking around the room. He is easily bored. Harry the Hairy wouldn't eat until I picked him up, and held him, silly little fella. He looks bigger than he is because of all the fur, and I don't think he's any bigger than Abner.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Daisy the Feral Princess wanted seconds, and she wanted a different we food than she ate about a half hour ago. Being imperial as she is, she got her way. :) I'm getting ready to read baseball box scores.
4AB_Rust_left437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.