PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreBee

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
As a new pipe smoker, one of my favorite things about the experience is the ability to pick up a bowl a day or two later and enjoy it.

My daughter was in a very minor car accident Saturday night and I was in the middle of a pipe when she called. She was close by so I jumped in the car to support her dealing with police etc. She was shaken up but not injured. 36 hours later I am enjoying the same bowl, feeling fortunate that she’s OK.

IMG_4089.jpeg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Photo on 8-26-24 at 9.09 AM.jpg
Lee Van Cleef Meerschaum, 9mm, with Boswells Northwoods - thx @Manawydan . There is a common problem with the 9mm sleeve on meers and that is that the threads can wear in the stummel. When this happens, there is almost know choice but to put CS glue on the 9mm sleeve and thread it back into the worn threads. Knowing what I know now, I would choose not to get a 9mm Meerschaum. Regardless, this is a beautiful LVC pipe.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
View attachment 332470
Lee Van Cleef Meerschaum, 9mm, with Boswells Northwoods - thx @Manawydan . There is a common problem with the 9mm sleeve on meers and that is that the threads can wear in the stummel. When this happens, there is almost know choice but to put CS glue on the 9mm sleeve and thread it back into the worn threads. Knowing what I know now, I would choose not to get a 9mm Meerschaum. Regardless, this is a beautiful LVC pipe.
@telescopes you don’t know how much I appreciate this post as I’ve been considering a 9mm Meer and going back & forth on it. That just made the decision for me.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
@telescopes you don’t know how much I appreciate this post as I’ve been considering a 9mm Meer and going back & forth on it. That just made the decision for me.
Please read the link - near the end is an informative exchange between Said Altinay and Reborn Pipes about the issue these pipes have and Altinay's recommended repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.