PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Tomato the Brave walked part of the last lap with me. Abner the Eager was waiting for me under my car hiding from Harry the Hairy. I knew Abner was still hungry and wanted out of the heat, so he's inside eating. Daisy the Feral Princess was glaring at all of us, and probably wondering what's so special about other cats. :)
Wessex_bent.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Don’t mean to butt in, but make that three! I started the morning taking my old Tacoma to the car wash for a deluxe with wax and undercarriage anti-corrosive wash, vacuumed out the interior, then after a dry-off drive (one excuse is as good as another), cleaned the inside of my windows with Windex and gave the dash and center console a solid wipe-down with ArmorAll protectant. You’d think I installed new glass onto the 25-year-old beast.

I also started the morning off with a bowl of two-year jarred P.S. Stokkebye Bullseye Flake in a Stanwell Amber 86.

Well (sorry, I know I go on), in the last week or two I dug up a quart jar I jam-packed with a 50/50 mix of Lane 1Q and Carter Hall a little short of ten years ago. More accurately, it’s cut with leftovers from a very old can of Captain Black original from when they still used coumarin as a flavorant (about 8-10%). Probably not everyone’s cup of tea.

View attachment 332100

I popped one of these jars and it smelled sweet like an old time drugstore blend. I‘m trying a bowl of it in a Peterson Aran 606 …

View attachment 332101

It could have used a little more drying time, but … not bad! Pretty darned good, in fact. The room note is terrific! Goes great with percolated Maxwell House.
Make that 4

Keep 'em nice

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2020 Brunello in a Cavicchi

52890777964_83dfdeec1e_o.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight smooth medium brown year 1912 Henry Tongue bulldog with a silver cap and band and an amber saddle stem with an orific bit. Watching the Pirates-Reds game until the Braves-Nats starts.
Henry Tongue_cased.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.