PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimRoseLV

Can't Leave
Apr 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Giving the 4AB Natural a day off. I'd have typed this sooner, but Sleepy Suzy keeps head butting my wrist while I try to post, the silly girl. Watching the Reds-Royals game before the Braves-Angels game starts. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 330838

Fed all the ferals after I did my walks. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on her blanket. Tomato the Brave wanted back outside after he ate. Abner the Eager is snoozin' on m'lady's chair, and has been behaving inside recently, so we are giving him another chance so long as Molly Danger isn't in the same room. Harry the Hairy tried to jump up on my leg when he saw me, and he got a few minutes of attention before I fed him. Outside of Sam the Scamp (who we still miss), none of the ferals are as happy to see me as he is. Wish he had a home he could call his own because he'd sure make somebody happy.

Here's Harry crying for attention.
View attachment 330841
😻😻

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
IMG_0643.jpeg
Smoking 2014 Old Ironsides. This stuff is pretty nice for an English with Kentucky. I prefer Brebbia Balkan, but this is still really great. Before this I woke up at 4 AM and wanted something strong for whatever reason so I loaded a small bowl of Dark Flake Aromatic-an explosion of smooth Kentucky, nicotine, and licorice! It really hits the spot every now and then.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
View attachment 332071
Smoking 2014 Old Ironsides. This stuff is pretty nice for an English with Kentucky. I prefer Brebbia Balkan, but this is still really great. Before this I woke up at 4 AM and wanted something strong for whatever reason so I loaded a small bowl of Dark Flake Aromatic-an explosion of smooth Kentucky, nicotine, and licorice! It really hits the spot every now and then.
Love this pipe. Ashton? What are the specs?

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2021 WC Old Dominion in an Il Ceppo

52890611901_1aa9af2cb3_o.jpg

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Love this pipe. Ashton? What are the specs?
It’s a custom Northern Briars Rox-cut regal Lovat. It’s about 4.8 inches long, but the bowl lasts about 45-to an hour long. My Dunhill group 2 has a smaller bowl on it. I love Ian’s pipes, one of the best custom English pipes and value in the business. You can order a custom pipe for 200 bucks such as this one.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearly half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink. Watching the Yankees-Rockies game with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' in the bedroom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Two people I now know who clean their own vehicles........ me & you ! 🚗 🚙
Don’t mean to butt in, but make that three! I started the morning taking my old Tacoma to the car wash for a deluxe with wax and undercarriage anti-corrosive wash, vacuumed out the interior, then after a dry-off drive (one excuse is as good as another), cleaned the inside of my windows with Windex and gave the dash and center console a solid wipe-down with ArmorAll protectant. You’d think I installed new glass onto the 25-year-old beast.

I also started the morning off with a bowl of two-year jarred P.S. Stokkebye Bullseye Flake in a Stanwell Amber 86.

Well (sorry, I know I go on), in the last week or two I dug up a quart jar I jam-packed with a 50/50 mix of Lane 1Q and Carter Hall a little short of ten years ago. More accurately, it’s cut with leftovers from a very old can of Captain Black original from when they still used coumarin as a flavorant (about 8-10%). Probably not everyone’s cup of tea.

IMG_0053.jpeg

I popped one of these jars and it smelled sweet like an old time drugstore blend. I‘m trying a bowl of it in a Peterson Aran 606 …

IMG_6494.jpeg

It could have used a little more drying time, but … not bad! Pretty darned good, in fact. The room note is terrific! Goes great with percolated Maxwell House.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6494.jpeg
    IMG_6494.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 0