PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Fed the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. He was here earlier today, and spent three hours by my side, mostly snoozin'. He really appreciated the attention he got today. Listening to the Dodgers-Mariners game as I work.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Set out a half-flake of Mac Baren Virginia Flake early this afternoon, for my Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bulldog.

Then the madness began...

A) Nearby brush fire
B) Horse colic episode
C) 70th b-day call to my Mom
D) All of the above

If you guessed D, you win...well, absolutely nothing. But it's still the correct answer.

A got put out quickly, B is all better now, and C is eating treif at some seaside bistro in Marin county. All showered up now, and finally enjoying this bowl here before dinner. 9.5/10

Bird report: House finch, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, California scrub-jay, Mourning dove, Steller's jay, Mountain chickadee, Hairy woodpecker, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, California quail, and Western bluebird.

Hope everyone had a much duller day than I did. Mazel tov!
Glad to hear B turned out favorably!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Always good to keep a couple tubes of EquiSpaz on hand, as I'm sure you know. Wish it worked as well on A and C! Actually, I think it might work on C, but I don't want to get arrested for elder abuse... 😬

I’m just an adult onset horse husband. The wife’s old school syringe/tube/mineral oil, but we’ll be looking into it-thanks!
Fortunately, we haven’t had a problem but we do a well off Sand-Rid every month.

Joe H

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2024
Alaska
I had an hour to kill while my daughter was at a sports event so I took my 1950s Medico “Double-Dri,” my smallest chamber, to a local wetland. I smoked a cherry blend which contains cube cut dark burley for a nice, short, plumy smoke. It was a highlight to see three snipe feeding up for the migration south they are about to undertake.
20 Aug 2024.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I don't think I'll finish everything I want to do before bed time, but I'll do what I can. Going to feed the ferals soon as Molly Danger finishes eating.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
A rainy and dark morning here in little Denmark.
Smoking a bowl of My Own Blend "Elizabethan" in my new Altinay "morning"-pipe.

The only Peterson tobacco available in Denmark is Early Morning Pipe, but some of the others made by My Own Blend is still available.

The downside is the price. 100 gr. costs 429 DKr = 63,71 $ 😡

Here's the description from The Danish Pipe Shop:

"A distinctive and flavourful blend of fine and dark Virginia tobaccos with a touch of Louisiana perique for added zest and character. Rich in flavour with long cut tobacco. A smooth taste with a peppery spicy finish.

Please note that this is the original Dunhill recipe. My Own Blend pipe tobaccos are made by Scandinavian Tobacco Group who used to make the Dunhill tobaccos."

424732f2-81e2-4387-bf4e-1c6f2849d593-1_all_378.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Fed Harry the Hairy and Tomato the Brave. When I put Tomato out, Harry started to intimidate him, but when I scolded Harry, he relented and came back to me. However, as I was going back inside, Harry chased Tomato off the deck. Daisy the Feral Princess is in, but I can't feed her wet food until I get Abner the Eager back out. I'll do that after I post this. Abner must have been hungry to be here so late because this makes two days in a row that he's done that.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg