PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Been having a hard time finding the right leaf in the heat of the summer lately. Probably my best tin over the last couple months was Steamworks. Glad I grabbed more for the cellar.

Went home last night and looked for something open but not grabbed recently. Found a little bag tucked away inside a little jelly sized jar with a dark plug sample labeled PP SR. Threw me for a loop for a bit trying to recall what it was, but I thought I'd try it anyway.

Shortly after firing up I realized it was Plum Pudding Special Reserve. And I'm not sure I had tried it before.

Well, despite likely being the "wrong time of year", I tried to pull out the flavors as best I could. Didn't enjoy it. It was all hot air, sort of like my experience with MacBaren Navy Flake recently - I'll likely be giving both away when I can. Come to think of it, I was disappointed with Plum Pudding quite a while back when I was still all about big English blends. Maybe SPC products aren't for me, as it seems I'm 0 for 2...

Not sure what the similarity is between the two, if there is any, but my palate is changing or is confused. I thought my order of Sun Bear should have arrived but I didn't see it. Found it later in an odd drop-off location and opened a tin right away for a whiff. That's nice!

Loaded a tiny pipe this morning for a very short one with some coffee. It's a winner. And my palate isn't dead, it's simply on the move. And I've more of this in the cellar now.

Cheers

1724162784386.png