PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Pre-2015 Esoterica Penzance in my Peterson smooth system spigot B42. This is my first experience with Penzance and also my first experience with an aged Balkan of any kind. It was definitely in the Balkan Sasieni ballpark, but a lot smoother (the smoothest Balkan I've ever tasted), and with a couple faint notes that were hard for me to pick out (I don't have @JimInks well-honed senses or experience). Definitely woody, earthy, a bit smoky, slightly sour - almost metallic but not quite at times, faint floral notes and some mellow exotic spice. I am really glad to have had the experience! I will enjoy periodically revisiting this but have primarily come away feeling like whatever FOMO I've felt about Blends of Olde is largely relieved.

IMG_4625.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a 1920s medium bend smooth dark brown BBB Umbra bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit. Watching the Yankees-Tigers game.
BBB_Umbra_bulldog.jpg

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
I love my smaller pipes during the day, but in the evening, nothing smokes cooler than a big bowl briar. Here is a Radice with a natural rim finish, filled with Newminster No. 400 Superior Navy flake.

Attachments

• IMG_8710.jpeg
    IMG_8710.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 0