PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaweed

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2023
Maine
Now smoking the last of this tin of Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Watch City English Ernie-ental will replace Presbyterian in this pipe. Off to start work on a new Betty and Veronica story. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 240833
I tend to only enjoy sandblast for rustication, but I love that pipe. What a beaut.

seaweed

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2023
Maine
Found these re-enactment ember tongs hand forged in Sheffield, just up the road from me:
Would be useful for lighting my clays at re-enactments / Tribe Bushcraft.
Been looking for non Chinese replacement for my heap of junk kitchen tongs so looking at the Viking ones made in Sheffield.
These look fun. Have you tried lighting this way much? Seems like it could add a bit of variety when I’m already near the wood stove.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
These look fun. Have you tried lighting this way much? Seems like it could add a bit of variety when I’m already near the wood stove.
@seaweed I've not done it myself but the Redcoats & Revolutionaries blacksmith lit me clay pipe with an ember from his forge!
Picture of my favourite lighter:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just over a quarter of a bowl left of year 2015 H&H Viprati in a 2000s brown quarter bend sandblast Pierluigi 140 brandy military mount with a silver cap and a caramel acrylic saddle stem. Dinner follows this smoke. Watching the Braves-Giants game.
Pierluigi_brandy.jpg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
a VaBurPer in the x160
wnebTS0l.jpg

Coniston in the 999
tjU34j3l.jpg

currently some Salty Dogs in a wvss prince

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I tend to only enjoy sandblast for rustication, but I love that pipe. What a beaut.
Thanks. Beautiful rustication can be very attractive. That was one reason I liked the old Savinelli Estella line. They were Autographs with a flaw so the wood was high quality. I'll show you the ones I have even though they aren't the best photos in the world.
Estella_915KS_dublin .jpg
Estella_NonPareil99_Acorn.jpg
Estella 310 poker.jpg
Estella.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.