Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
QuUYaHP.jpg

Redburn in an old friend
Happy Friday, all

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Afternoon pipes: KBV San Valentino in my aro sitter. I am not normally an aro smoker, but this is quite good. Maintains its flavor well. Like any other blend, though, go slow and you will be rewarded with a better flavor. Second pipe was KBV Byronic Hiro. This one concerned me because of the extreme vinegar smell it has fresh out of the mylar. I let it dry out to a crisp and packed a bowl. It has some tang to it, but nowhere near what I thought it would be. It was rather gentle, but present. Perhaps not a daily smoker, but one that I will go to regularly.

Jolly Old St Nicolas in a MM. i can honestly say this tobacco is not for me … at all, already dumped the bowl, life is too short to smoke things you don’t lik
Jolly Old St Nicolas in a MM. i can honestly say this tobacco is not for me … at all, already dumped the bowl, life is too short to smoke things you don’t like.

View attachment 165252
Is it the 2022 version? I just picked some up and I am really hoping I like it due to the St James Perique which I have become fond of in blends.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It seemed like a better venue to show off the shirt than at home.

I was hoping to meet @woodsroad , but, he had to get up early for work and couldn’t make it. I was glad to meet @lestrout and the other members. I was able to get a more complete story on the back story of War Horse and @condorlover1 ’s involvement via some members in attendance. The Wooden Match is dog friendly, so it looks like we’d be able to make future meetings before heading back to New York on a Tuesday.

I don’t usually smoke pipes outdoors much. The flame on my Old Boy wandering was a concern as I didn’t want to mess up the rim on my 514 KS. It might’ve darkened some. Oh well.
Dan has the War Horse saga down pat. He has been interviewed so many times about that damned blend he will probably for ever be remembered as the greatest tobacco salesman of the 21st century!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
This tastes like shit. You should try some. View attachment 164838
Ask Dan if he has some of the W.H advert mock ups that were vetoed by C.I. Remember the company that held the trade marks was originally called El Crappo Tobacco Unlimited and we had to change its name to Standard Tobacco Company of PA since C.I would not put the word 'Crap' on one of their products!!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. The rain prevented me from finishing, but at least I got most of it in. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.